Thursday, April 12, 2007

Yay! More Scraps Done and Tea, Anyone?

Whoohoohoo!!! I have been a scrapping machine today! :) No, I didn't go to work today---I had to rest my back since I could feel that I was paying for staying seated for several hours yesterday, plus a light treadmill workout. No way am I going to push it, especially when it concerns my back. I think back to the few months late last year when I was in excruciating pain, and I say NEVER AGAIN!!! So it may seem that I'm babying my back, but I do know my body and know when to say stop.

Anyhoo, check out my scraps today:

WALKING TO THE BASKET
Robyn during a stolen moment at Easter.

Journaling reads:
Spring is...
budding trees,
fresh grass,
cool nights,
breezy days,
sundresses,
new life,
flowers,
birds singing,
bunnies,
Easter baskets,
fresh fruit,
sandals...

Credits: kit - Tread Softly by Rina Kroes at SBE for the SBE Scripture Challenge; corner fold template - Claudia Campbell at Divine Digital; Easter chick - by DeDe Smith at Divine Digital; photo filter - All That Pops by Holly McCaig; fonts - Beyond Wonderland, DB Jennifer, DB Karah Script2


THE EGG-HIDER
Zhar helping out during Easter.

Journaling reads: Tita Zhar gamely helped hid the easter eggs for the kids to find.

Credits: kit - Eggstra Special by Kim Smith at Scrapping Digi Kreations; buzz tales brush - by Katie Pertiet; flowers - Crazy Extras by Amanda Rockwell at SSD; fonts - Pea Johanna Script, KGD Lindsay


GETTING READY FOR THE EGGHUNT
Journaling reads: While we were getting ready to hide the eggs, Papa set up this scene for
picture-taking purposes.

Credits: kit - It's A Spring Thing by Amy Bleser at DSD; cardboard frames - I've Been Framed by Amy Bleser at SBB; alpha - Chicken Scratch Alpha by Amy Bleser at SBB; wired tag - by Robin Carlton at SSD; cardboard overlay - by Linda Gil Billdal at Scrap Artist; egg doodle template - by Lena Gulbrandsen at Scrap Cloud; fonts - DB Mr T, DB Doodle E Doo


I know, it's all about the Easter egg hunt, but my hard drive is FULL of unscrapped photos of Easter! Hehehe. And no better way to scrap than the present, right? Besides, I've got a lot of CT kits that have chicks, bunnies, pastels and other spring colors and embellishments.

{OTHER SCHTUFF}

Ugh, I had hamburger steak for dinner. Gross. After the no meat diet during Lent, I'm having a very hard time digesting meat and chicken. Ugh, ugh, ugh! But I'm squeamish about going vegetarian again. I was a vegetarian (but ate chicken, turkey, cheese and eggs) a looong time ago, while I was in college. Survived for 7 years or so. I must admit, I felt cleaner and lighter whenever I don't eat meat. But there's something in me that rebels when I have to announce that I'm going vegetarian. Weird huh?

To combat my feeling of grossness and near nausea at this point, I'm having some tea. No coffee this late in the day, obviously, otherwise I'd be up 'til 7 in the morning, hehehe. Tea is the safest bet for me. Light, fruity and healthy! I know that teas are natural anti-oxidants --- which I definitely need after eating that hamurger steak! I take my tea lukewarm. I know they probably taste best when piping hot, but I'm leery of putting a cup of steaming anything near my mouth. I'm prone to mouth sores, and there's no way I'm going to start that vicious cycle again!

Looking through this tea site has intrigued me. Their teas look lovely (say that in a british accent and you'll get me, hehehe). But seriously, they have all sorts of flavors AND they have an explanation of why the tea got its name! Click on the tabs and you'll find the benefits of each tea, along with instructions on how to steep the tea. I'm going to email this site to my dear mother, who loves teas as well.

Bang, if you're reading this, check it out as well. Looks nice and fancy, but looks awesome! :)

Ok, back to scrapping.....:)

TTFN!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOWOWEEWOW! Awesome LO of me!! I look so HOT there! My Viktor jeans really fit me well hahahah! AS usual, may I please have the hi-res of this one? Thanks mucho!

Unknown said...

How do I comment like those from your gallery?....

Unknown said...

very cool scraps! I need to start getting back on a health kick to. Im getting overweight again and just feeling blahhhh!!! Take care of your back!!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

WOW!!! Love all the layouts!!

Elizza said...

BEAUTIFUL layouts, as usual! i can;t say my favorite is Robyn's layout coz everything is equally great! :D

Maggie Lamarre said...

Beautiful lay out it looks like fun
MAggie

Angela said...

I'm a huge tea drinker! Love your layouts!

Cathy Pascual said...

gorgeous layouts!
especially love the journaling on the first one :)

Tammy said...

Your layouts are GORGEOUS!

bloggerme said...

THose are some gorgeous layout s- and from a Meat-a-saurus, I can't imagine going fully vegetarian.