Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Scraps and Blog-ation

Yup. That's all I did today pretty much, since I couldn't move much. We went to mass in the morning and that was it. We stayed home for lunch and dinner, not even going to either of our parents' houses as is the custom.

I just HAD to stay home and rest my back. Not because I want to, but because I NEED to. Sigh! For the first time in the longest time so far, I have had to take a few painkillers. I had to, otherwise I wouldn't be able to function.

So I stayed on my tummy and scrapped. I also tried to sit on the bed indian-style (and was pretty successful, too!) as well as on an inclined position. Anything and everything I tried, including heat packs. My back was very well treated today, that's for sure!

{SCRAPS}
SWOLLEN LIP
Conversation between Rogan and Mama:
Rogan: Mama, do you have antihista-something
Mama: Antihistamine?

Rogan: Yes, that's it.

Mama: Yes, I think we do.

Rogan: Mama, look at me!

Mama: WHAT happened?!?!

Rogan: Papa said an insect bit me.

Note: Rogan only went to get medicine just so he could eat pizza (Papa wouldn't give him a slice until the swelling had gone down).


Credits: kit - Wrong Planet (in honor of Autism Awareness Month) by Rina Kroes at SBE; safety pin tag - by Holly McCaig; alpha - Rawhide Princess by Rina Kroes at SBE; fonts - Times New Roman, Adler, DJB Messie Amanda by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo


DAVID HASSLE-NO
Rodney and his imitation of David Hasslehoff, hehehe.

Journaling reads: Rodney grabbed the floatation device from the sand and ran into the waves a la David Hasslehoff.

Credits: kit - Sophia's Garden by Eve Recinella at Sweet Shoppe Designs; cardboard overlay - by Linda Gil Billdal at Scrap Artist; swirl - It's A Spring Thing by Eve Recinella at SSD; date stamp - by Amber Clegg at Scrap Artist; frame cluster - by Gina Miller; Striptionary - by Manda Bean at SSD;
Idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady’s March Amazing Month of Memories Class: March 22-National Goof Off Day; fonts - LD Slender, Times New Roman

Two LOs in a day, and I'm happy. As always, you can click on the LOs to leave me some love!

While scrapping, Japa and I also watched taped episodes of Heroes. Very cool series!

{BLOG-ATION}

Not a word, I know, but it fits stuff I find on the internet that talk about blogging. I'm still trying to get more of my family into the blogging world. I know there are some out there who read my blog (but don't comment! HMP! --- you know who you are!) so I figure I might as well put out the information here, or some links, to help ease them into the blog-o-sphere. Is that a word? Hehehe.

For people starting to venture into the world of blogging, it's always good to read about great tips out there. Daniel Scocco wrote this article on 10 Rules for Responsible Blogging. It is a very straightforward article and mainly talks about the fact that we, as blog readers, should NOT assume that whatever we read in blogs are true. Or that they are reliable. In turn, to ensure our, shall we say, respectability, in the blogging world, it is always good to check our facts first, and/or to write from the heart. Part of being responsible of course, is to state in your blog that whatever opinions you state on your blog are just that: your opinions and no one else's.

Of course, if you provide links to other reference materials to back up your opinions, you are practicing responsible blogging. This includes advertisers who buy reviews. Hopefully, I am able to adhere to these rules. At least, as much as I can. Be sure to give a holler if I need to do it (responsible blogging) a little bit better. We're all here to learn, and to do things better.

So, for those friends and family out there who are just THINKING about blogging, GO FOR IT! But let me know if I can help you :) I'm a text message, a phone call, a YM away! :)

TTFN!



6 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at that swollen lip! Sounds like he took it in stride though. Love your pages!

Nancy said...

Good tips on blogging, thanks. And great pages too!

Kirstie said...

like the blog-ation and I left you some love on your great LO's

Petra said...

great pages here...poor guy with his swollen lip!

Like the 10 blogging tips..thanks for sharing with us!!

Have a great day!! & hope your family/friends will leave you soem sweet lovin´ after they read this :-)

Anonymous said...

What great layouts. I love the David Hasselhoff impersonation one. I hope your family starts to leave you some comments.

Kim said...

Love both of those layouts - I told you that you were a great scrapper!!

Question, since you volunteered help, can you design a blog header for me?? I'll check back with you when I get back from vacation :).

Oh and yeah, I leave comments when I do read. Now, lol.