Monday, April 09, 2007

Another Holiday!

Yay! Another day for scrapping...of sorts. I finally went to bed at 6 am. 6 am!!!! Aaaaargh!!! It must have been the Excedrin! The good part is, my migraine did go away. The bad part? I slept only until 9 am.

Japa and I went to Megamall in the morning to look for gifts for Raegan, who turns 9 tomorrow! We found stuff for everyone else EXCEPT her! Hehehe. Last minute, we found her a couple of games for her Game Boy, and some artsy stuff that she likes. I was looking for more Junie B Jones books to add to her collection, but believe it or not, I couldn't find any at National Bookstore OR at Power Books!

Japa and I had a yummy lunch at Mexicali. Aaaaaaahhhh... Mexican food! Not very authentic, but it's enough to quench the desire for Mexican flavors in this person :)

{EXERCISE}

Yes, you read right. I exercised today. I got on the dreaded treadmill!!! Whoohoohooo!!! 22 minutes, including warm up and cool down periods. I was inspired by Janet Phillips' From Couch to 5K article, I decided I was going to whip this body into shape....or at least TRY to lose more weight before the wedding!

So this was definitely a good thing. It helped that we popped in Heroes on DVD while Japa and I were exercising. I was on the treadmill, Japa on the bike. He probably did double of what I did, time-wise, but hey, the important thing is that I actually left my laptop, went down and exercised! Yay ME! :)

{SCRAPS}

I stayed up 'til the early morning scrapping this:

6-YEAR OLD DIVA
Raine looking all grown up!

Journaling reads: You so enjoyed the time Tita Stella put make up on you and got you all dolled up in her wig and clothes. You had such a blast looking ---and feeling!--- like a true diva. You pretended you were all grown up, that you were a model. But underneath it all, I still catch a glimpse of my baby girl....my 6-year old little diva!

Credits: kit - Vintage Relic by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; curled ribbon - by A-gus; circle stitches - by Gina Miller; handstitched alpha - by Dani Mogstad; doodled alpha - by Kate Hadfield; folded corner template - by Karah Fredricks; aged photo frame - by Rina Kroes; crown - by Tiff Brady


MY SUNSHINE
An old (circa 2004, lol!) photo of the kids and me.

Lyrics read:

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
my sunshine away

Credits: kit - Garden Party by Digi Diva Designs at Divine Digital; vintage frame - by Katie Pertiet; scalloped mat, heart templates - Fill-A-Paper Shapers by Katie the Scrapbook Lady; fonts - DB Karah Script, DB Teacher; layered template - Simply Spaced White Space by Pamela Gibson at Divine Digital

{Sweet Shoppe Rewards!}

For more points towards the monthly discount coupon,

Your Spicy Score: Mild

You may not make the hottest first impression..
But you're definitely the type of girl that sticks in a guy's mind.
You prefer to play things cool. You know that good things come to those who wait.
And the amazing thing about you is that you get hotter over time!


Mild. Yup. That's probably me. Check out that last line, though! Hahahaha!

If you've got time, just click on the layouts to leave me some love at the galleries! :) Ok, gotta go. Need to wrap gifts for Raegan :)

TTFN!

1 comment:

Katie Nelson said...

congrats on doing the treadmill :) I actually did mine today also, which is somewhat of a miracle! lol!

I will have to take that quiz but I bet I'm a mild also :)