Saturday, March 31, 2007

March Round Up

I cannot believe the first QUARTER of the year is done!!! Time does fly by --- and it is so hard to fathom that this month is over! We can't do any "life rewinds" or push a rewind button somewhere to bring back time, but I am glad I am able to SCRAP and leave a legacy for my family. Well, at least I think it's something worth doing, and I'm sure the kids will appreciate it. Someday. For now, it's "Mama, why do you scrapbook?" Hehehehe.

Oki, time for this month's Round Up taken from Katie, the Scrapbook Lady:

My March 2007 Round Up

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Currently reading Herodotus' Xerxes Invades Greece. Why? Ever since watching the movie 300, I've been inspired to read up a little bit on that part of world history! The movie was just too fab....I know that reading the real thing will be even better! I'm also thinking if I should order the coffee table book from Amazon....

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

OMGosh....whatever I watched, NOTHING could beat out 300!!! When the movie ended, Japa looked at me and said, "We are getting the DVD when this comes out," and I totally totally agree! The best-est ever line from the movie? When the Persian messenger looks over at the Queen and questions why she is present in their "important men talk"...the Queen looks at him icily and says with full confidence: "Only Spartan women give birth to Spartan men." Love love LOVE this line! Hehehehe. Even my brothers know me well enough to say that they just KNEW it was "MY" line.

We WERE going to squeeze in watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....but Japa said he would watch it with the kids if and only if I'd suffer through it with him! Hehehehe. Maybe next week.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

March 13 -
Mom's birthday. She turned 61 this month. And we celebrated by going to Hong Kong. Only the adults. The kids had school, and it was fun to just be with adults and not have to worry about little someones being underfoot. Even Stella and Zhar were allowed by their families to go with us! So we were very COMPLETE.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

My back has been pretty good to me this month (knock on wood!). Must be all the Yoga we've been doing. I think I had a few days of nonstop migraines, but with medication I was fine.

I think I have insomnia...it has been increasingly difficult for me to sleep at a normal time, meaning anytime before midnight. It has been horrible, with me staying up until 515 am at the very latest!!! I guess I will need to see a doctor about this.....

I was down for close to a week with a really bad cold. Enough for me to lose my voice. Or is this major sore throat? I don't know. Whatever it was, I just woke up one day with absolutely NO VOICE. Not even a whisper! Japa of course enjoyed the "peace and quiet" this afforded him, hmp! But seriously! NO VOICE! I am also on antibiotics now, with 1-2 more days before I'm ok. My colds have petered out a bit and I just have the sniffles.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Aside from the trip to Hong Kong and Macau, the best thing we've done this month is to do YOGA together, as a family! We do it at La Vista, with my entire family including the kids, Lai's entire family (Rondic attended once, but it's a start), Bang, Mom, Randy and Stella, and Rodney and Zhar. Too cool! And the most awesome part is that we only pay one fee (P1,000) for ALL of us!!!

We've also started GSS -- the Gavino Summer School. With the kids all out for the summer, I HAVE to keep them busy. No way will I leave them to TV, Game Boy and the computer the whole summer! So we've kept sketch books full of fun stuff the kids have done, we've kept up on our reading AND vocabulary.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

My Benefit Cosmetics make up schtuff!!! THE best purchase this month! I am SO happy with everything I bought! :)

What were this month's disappointments?

The fact that I didn't win the Photo Contest for the Shrine's pictures! Sigh! Oh well. At least I know MY pictures looked good, even before I used Photoshop! Boydee even commented how crisp and clean my photos looked! :)

What were my accomplishments this month?

CT requirements all done except RAKS. Being in Hong Kong just blew to smithereens my scrapping schedule.

My Blog is UPDATED!!!! Here's hoping this trend continues, eh?

I can do the shoulder stand (sort of) in Yoga!!! I can get my arse up off the floor and my legs behind my head (but still up in the air, not down on the ground). This is a HUGE accomplishment!

Scrapping TOOTS:
1. I am on DeDe Smith's CT!!!
2. I have been on Katie's Guest CT this month!!!
3. I am on the Divine Digital's CT!!!
4. I just read on Dani Mogstad's blog that I won a $10 GC!!!

So YAY me! :) Yes, I need to update my list of blinkies off to the side. That'll be my next project.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

We're still in the planning stages for Lola Nene's 88th birthday. We're trying to do Shanghai and/or Beijing....but I'm thinking the HEAT during that time will just about make us all WILT!!!

Thank you to Bang and Elizza for doing all the Easter Egg Hunt Planning this year! :)

March Layout Count: 39!

***End of Round Up***

{APRIL PLANS}

Thanks to the Sweet Shoppe's From Our Blog to Yours prompt, here are some April Plans for the family that I can think of:

1. Continue GSS (Gavino Summer School) Classes
2. Bisita Iglesia - where we visit 7 churches on Maundy Thursday
3. Easter Egg Hunt with the kids at La Vista
4. continue Yoga classes
5. explore other fitness classes like Belly Dancing (hehehe) or Kickboxing

{SCRAPS}

DST is down, but as soon as I can upload my layouts to other galleries, I'll post links here!

BIRTHDAY DRESS

Raegan showing off her new dress when she was only a year and 10 months old!

Journaling reads: When Mama saw this dress, she immediately knew that it was THE dress for your 2nd birthday party. When you saw it, you couldn’t wait to try it on even though your birthday was 2 months away! THe velvet bodice fit just right, but we had to take the hem in. The dress was a size 4 and you looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL in it!

Credits: kit - Rainbow by Elly Engelgeer at digiscrappen.nl; notepapers - by Sharon K; word art - by Audrey Neal; pinned tag - by Holly McCaig; flower border, brads - It's A Spring Thing by Eve Recinella at SSD; aged photo frame - by Rina Kroes; font - DB Kirsty

AN OLDE IRISH WISH

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow
May the soft winds freshen your spirit

May the sunshine brighten your heart

May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you

And may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.

Credits: kit - Rainbow by Elly Engelgeer at digitalscrappen.nl; felt ribbons sun - by Tiff Brady; stitches - Little Messies by Gina Miller; button corners - by Traci Murphy; layered sketch - by Teresa Ferguson; fonts -

Off to dinner!

TTFN!

2 comments:

Katie Nelson said...

Great roundup Rona! I love how you also included some April plans :) Your layouts are darling also!

Anonymous said...

О! Suena bien, me gusta leer tu blog, acaba de agregar a mis favoritos;)