Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Getting Measured (!) for the Wedding

The wedding of Randy and Stella is on June 22. That's a mere 3 months away.....and I still have NOT lost more weight!!! Sure, 25 pounds down is already a big deal, and I know I've probably reached my plateau, but of course I want to lose some more since I know everyone else in the entourage will be as skinny as.....ummmmm.......the models in magazines! Hehehehe.

Oh well. If I don't lose that weight --- I was hoping at least another 10 to 15 pounds would be awesome --- I guess I'll just have to summon up even more confidence in myself (teehee!) to walk down that aisle and stare everyone in the eye and DARE them to tell me to my face that I was FAT! We'll see who backs down!

Anyhoo, we went to Paul Cabral, this young designer who's gaining a reputation around town. He was pretty nicel short of saying I had ginormous arms, he tactfully suggested I cover them up with nice, stretchy lace. Hehehe. Good thing Randy and Stella had already prepared him for my size. Otherwise his heart would SINK at the sight of my dear voluptuous womanly body! :)

It is rumoured though, that Paul Cabral specializes in plus sized women, making them look slimmer. So I'm in good hands. I hope. Fervently.

{Travel Plans}

Well, it looks like China is out of the question. We've settled for Hong Kong, making the boys happy since they are looking forward to pigging out on yummy Chinese food. Me? I'm not a big fan of Chinese food in the first place, but it's a double whammy of sorts since I've given up meat for Lent! Sigh!

I talked to Zhar's mom and asked her permission to let Zhar come with us to Hong Kong. My explanation was that our poor babe, i.e., Rodney, would be left partner-less in Hong Kong. I also assured her that I would take care of Zhar, and no, she would not be rooming in with Rod. Hehehe.

Other good news: Stella was granted a U.S visa!!! We don't know yet for how many years, but we were all happy that she had gotten one! And surprised --- since we were half thinking she'd be denied a visa by virtue of the fact that she was already being petitioned for immigrant status. I guess Randy was praying fervently the whole time Stella was inside the Embassy! Hehehehe.

{SCRAPS}
SUNSHINE SMILE
Raegan enjoying her mini-pool.

Credits: kit - Butterfly Boost by Miranda Bontan at digitaalscrappen.nl; stamped alpha - by Jenna Robertson; photo filter - All That Pops by Holly McCaig; fonts - KGD Angela, KGD Tiffany; Idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady’s March Month of Memories: March 1 - Share a Smile


LITTLE JAPANESE GIRLS
Reese and Raegan looking their adorable little selves!

Journaling reads: With your little heads wrapped in your burp cloths like this, the both of you look like little Japanese girls! When you smile your infectious smiles and your eyes curve downwards, you look like little Japanese girls!

Credits: kit - Summer Meadow by Berna Datema at digitaalscrappen.nl; chalked frame - by Sue Cummings at Oscraps; Idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady’s March Month of Memories: March 3 - Hina Matsuri (Girls' Festival in Japan); font - Bellerose; layered sketch - by Nikki Beaudreau


KALEIDESCOPE
Journaling reads: Raegan, Reese and Rielle enjoyed themselves immensely at the playground of the Polo Club. They particularly loved this tunnel with it’s kaleidescope of color. They kept going through the tunnel, squealing with joy everytime one of them went through. Cousins. sisters. Friends.

Credits: kit - Bohemian Gypsy by Berna Datema at digitaalscrappen.nl; word art - by Katie Pertiet; font - KGD Brandi; layered sketch - Collection 11 by Jen Caputo


ROGAN IN THE TUB
My little water baby lounging in his tub, even if it's a tad bit too small for him!

Credits: kit - Rub A Dub Dub by Colleen Shibley at SBP; frame - by Corina Nielsen
bend it photo template - by Debbie Knorr; font - Adler; layered sketch - Get Scrapped #2 by Janet Phillips


STARFISH
Journaling reads: We stopped at the Starfish Pools at Sea World in San Diego. While Rogan willingly held a starfish in his hand, it took Raegan a looong time before she agreed to touch a starfish. It took an even longer time for her to hold the starfish in her hand! She kept saying that it was wet, slimy, stinky, and gross. But the wonder and curiousity on her face as she took a good look at the starfish was well worth the effort!

Poem by Douglas Florian reads:

Although it seems
That I'm all arms,
Some other organs
Give me charm.
I have a mouth
With which to feed.
A tiny stomach
Is all I need.
And though, it's true:
I have no brain,
I'm still a star—
I can't complain.

Credits: kit - Where I Live and Breathe by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; star, notepaper - How Much I Love You Mega Kit by Divine Digital designers; tag (recolored) - Pirate's Life by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; alpha - Scratch n Stamp by Eve Recinella; fonts - KGD Mozer Print, KGD Lori



Being productive so far since I'm using Janet Phillips' templates. And with this deal, you can't lose!!! :) Scroll down to the bottom of that post to know that this awesome deal is! ;)

TTFN!

No comments: