Friday, March 30, 2007

Book Questions

What are book questions you ask? They're some questions asked from the Sweet Shoppe Design's From Our Blog to Yours. I like this particular questionnaire...and I need more Sweet Rewards points so I can get a bigger discount come shopping day at the Shoppe :)

Amazon or brick and mortar?
I can do both. But I still maintain that there's nothing more invigorating and exciting than hours spent in an actual brick and mortar bookstore rifling through pages and pages of books! :) I just LOVE the smell of NEW books!

Bookmark or dog ear? Bookmark please! I cringe whenever I see dog-eared books. The poor little book :(

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? I usually fix my books by series, by number. Otherwise, random. Maybe by size? Hehehehe.

Keep, throw away, or sell? Keep! All of them! With the high hopes that the kids will eventually read them. I NEVER throw away books. I'd rather give them away than seeing them in the trash.

Keep dust jacket or toss it? Keep it.

Read with dust jacket or remove it? With the dust jacket. (which I sometimes use as a bookmark)

Short story or novel? Novels.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I can't stop in the middle of a chapter! What's the sense in the that?!? Hehehe.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Once upon a time has always been a favorite line.

Buy or Borrow? Both. I buy when I really really REALLY must have a particular book (usually a series). I borrow whenever I can --- Elizza has the complete John Grisham books.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Recommendations and browsing

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Closure please! And no bad and sad endings either!

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Anytime reading! Yes, even while in the bathroom. Hehehe.

Stand-alone or series? Both.

Favorite series? I'd go with Harry Potter and the Left Behind Series.

Favorite children’s book? Hmmmm.....Let's say Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, the Bobbsey Twins, and everything written by Enid Blyton.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? A most recent one is The Memory Book by Penelope Stokes.

Favorite books of all time? Any and all fairy tales, myths, legends.

What are you reading right now? I’m reading Herodotus' Xerxes Invades Greece. I just HAD to pick it up after watching 300! Hehehehe. I guess I need my history fix too!

What are you reading next? I've got a few books on my night table, waiting to be read: The Rule of Four, The God Stories, Shakespeare and Eragon. Oh! And I guess I need to bring out my Harry Potter books.....I always ALWAYS read the entire series through before the latest one comes out!

{SCRAPS}
RANGER ASLEEP
This is Ranger at 7 days old! We were in Las Vegas at the time.

Sleeping babies must be what heaven is like.

Credits: kit - Daydream Believer by DeDe Smith at Elemental Scraps; folded corner - Easy Peasy by Karah Fredricks; font - Adler; layered sketch - by Teresa Ferguson


MORNING GIRLS
This was taken oh so very early in the morning while we were waiting for our flight to Hong Kong. We were the first wave to leave. Stella was the only one missing. She opted to be traveler coordinator for the boys for the last wave (otherwise the boys would probably NEVER get to Hong Kong in time for Mom's birthday!)

Journaling reads: Bang, myself, Zhar and Lai. At the airport at the ungodly hour of 6 am. Looking pretty good for people with less than 3 hours of sleep!

Credits: kit - Painted Passion by Julie van de Werf at digitaalscrappen.nl; frame - Frame Me by Eve Recinella at SSD; alpha - Blueprint Alpha by Eve Recinella; font - KGD Tiffany

TTFN!


No comments: