Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fantastically Fabulous!

Our Thanksgiving dinner, that is. EVERYTHING, as in EVERYTHING (!) was just perfectly yummy, perfectly fab! Seriously!

To our family in the States, it was really too bad you guys weren't here. You would all have enjoyed what we did. Ok ok ok, just so you know what I'm talking about, here's ONE layout I've gotten done so far about our wonderful night:

THANKSGIVING AMBIANCE
Credits will be linked when I've uploaded the layout to my galleries.

Can you even tell that that's our formal dining room at the bottom right photo? And Mom, of COURSE we brought out your BEST china and silverware! Hehehehe. We had so much fun using them, too!

Basically, our day went this way:

In the morning:
I went to the office to print out our Menu and our placecards.
Randy and Stella went to Dangwa to get flowers and other stuff to decorate the dining room with.
Rodney and Zhar went to the supermarket to buy ingredients for our appetizers.

I went to LaVista in the afternoon to see the dining room magically being transformed! Whoohoohoo! I will have some pics uploaded soon. Blogger isn't cooperating, and the pics are too large to upload anyhow. But TRUST me when I say that you would hardly recognize our old dining room.

Since we knew we were all going to be dressed formally, of COURSE we had to have a "photo corner". Stella fixed that up really really nice. We even had "spotlights" with some homemade "filters" i.e., cellophane, to enhance our pictures. Hehehe. Are we pros or what?

Before dinner, everyone came down fully dressed. The kids were unelievably behaved (for the most part) and we were able to take some nice photos of them and of us as a family. With 4 cameras clicking away, the probability of getting the perfect picture was high! *wink!*

Prayer was courtesy of Japa for the adults and Reese for the kids.

Then dinner. O.M.Goodness! I don't want to sound redundant, but everthing was PERFECT! Zhar and Rod's Cream of Pumkin Soup (made from scratch!!!) was delish! Yum, yum, yum!!! Then the delectable salad with walnuts and frozen grapes came next along with Zhar's Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Oh and YES, the kids at least tried everything, even the salad!

Yum, yum, yum!!! Then the Turkey was rolled in. Ahhhhh....our mouths were literally watering from anticipation! Hehehe. We were all clamoring for Turkey....and it was worth the wait, worth the expense! O.M.Gosh! Totally totally moist!!! Perfectly cooked. The only thing I didn't like? The stuffing. Ugh --- give me Tita San's wild rice concoction anytime! What we had was some sweet potato er....thingy. I didn't touch it.

Then the Prime Rib. Yum, yum, yum! For me, it was perfectly cooked: no blood oozing out whatsoever. AND it was still nice and tender! The boy were a bit turned off because there was NO blood, but they still ate it. And no Mom, we didn't have Melinda cook the entire thing. Just half. :)

Don't worry, we took pictures of EVERY COURSE we had! Hehehehe. Side dishes included rice (of course!), corn and mashed potatoes. Heavenly mashed potatoes, courtesy of Miss Martha Stewart herself. How'd we get it? Would you believe......ROD?!?!!? Ahhhhh....love knows no boundaries, hehehehe.

The mashed potaotes were super duper TASTY! Totally yummy! You just had to taste it to believe me! Butter, cream, garlic. All mixed in. Yum, yum, yum!

I am hoping the pics will do the food justice....coming soon, I promise! :)

{BACK DRAMA Chapter 100}

Yup. Same old thing. My leg has pretty much been killing me. A fact that I am proud of: I have been OFF pain killers for 2 whole weeks!!! Whoohoohoo for me!!!

However, silly me didn't know when to stop. I guess because I was feeling a lot better, with barely any pain down my leg, I was in the chair for at least 8 hours (at the office) Monday and Tuesday. This, of course, was enough to throw me into the the world of exploding PAIN again! Aaaaaargh!!!!

Thanksgiving was a nice break, but those damn high heels didn't do anything for my back though. Grrr.... And the morning I spent at the office? In a haze of pain since I couldn't sit for more than 5-10 minutes without having my muscles my bunch up in my leg. Needless to say, sitting in the car was pure torture!

At night, while lying down flat on my back, my leg throbs. Pounding. Painfully. With each breath. It's a wonder I get to sleep at all, for the pain. Maybe it's the stupid throbbing, but I've not been getting enough sleep...the past few days, I'd wake up in the wee hours of the morning after only about 4 hours of sleep. Don't know why. But it's frustrating: I know I need to catch up on sleep, but I don't get to catch any naps during the day either. :(

So the whole day Friday, I stayed home. For a major part of the day, I was either flat on my back or on my tummy. Legs stretched out. That was the ONLY position I was comfortable in. I had my laptop in front of me, so at least I was getting some Thanksgiving shopping done! :)

In the evening, I packed up and went to LaVista. We spent the night here because I had to SHOP online and the internet connection here is far more reliable. For reasons why, check out my other blog here. Hehehe. (that's called a PLUG, folks!)

More Thanksgiving tales and Black Friday buys to be posted tomorrow, along with some (hopefully!) pics.

TTFN!



2 comments:

Tabatha said...

sounds like a wonderful holiday! I hope your leg feels better soon *HUGS*

that layouts is gorgeous

Elizza said...

wow! i cant wait to see the rest of the pictures! i wonder when we will celebrate thanksgiving all together! half of the family is always away.... :( but i am really envious with your "formal" celebration!!!! ours was a casual one but definitely with GOOD food and alot of fun--i.e. poker fun!