Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Updating my Blog.....Again!

I can't believe I haven't blogged for 3 whole days! And I have layouts to show off too! Hehehehe. Oh well. There's my excuse: I've been scrapping and having fun!

{UPDATE ON DAD}
Before the My Scraps, just wanted to let everyone know that Dad's gastric tube was taken out yesterday. He was SO excited, he got up from bed before 6 am!!! That's definitely a first for Dad :) When the doctor finally arrived at the hospital, it took her all of 2 minutes to literally YANK -- ok, pull -- the tube from Dad's tummy! Whoa! According to Dad, she wrapped her hand around the tube and just pulled. Yes, there was some bleeding, but nothing to be concerned about.

Dad rested at home for about an hour and then went on his physical therapy session. No sweat. The tube removal didn't even bother him, except for the fact that he hadn't eaten in 12 hours! He made up for that when we had lunch at 2 Guys From Italy. Yummmmmm!!!

{SCRAPS OF MAMA}
Okay, here we go. I've been busy scraplifting the Queens of Clean at the newly opened Simply Clean Digi Scraps AND combining some of the lifts with challenges at Scrapmommies :)

July 17 Scraps
{TIME COVER - Raegan's 1st Christmas}
Did this for a Jingle Jam/Christmas in July Challenge at Divine Digital.
Credits: kit - Joyeaux Noel by Royanna Fritschmann; barcode - by Carol Violet; fonts - Arial Narrow, Times New Roman; Inspiration from TIME Magazine
July 18 Scraps
{RAEGAN - 4 MONTHS}
Credits: kit - Summer Beginnings by the Queens of Clean (Melany Violette, Eve Recinella and Jennifer Layden) at Simply Clean Digi Scraps; glitter border - Glitter Girl by Melany Violette;
fonts - Beyond Wonderland, Monotype Corsiva; sketch - by Ginger Thibodeau at RUSquare.blogspot
By the way, this sketch made Ginger's blog :)

{A DOLL OF A BABY BROTHER}
Journaling reads: Before her baby brother arrived, we made sure that Raegan knew what to expect; that she wouldn’t be the only baby in the family. We bought her a Cabbage Patch boy doll with chinky eyes and black hair. We practiced calling him her baby brother and she followed along. She would bring the doll with her and would hug and kiss her “doll of a baby brother” whenever she could.

Credits: kit - Garden Girl by Melany Violette at Simply Clean Digi Scraps; frame - Natural Girl from the Girls' CD Edition by Melany Violette; tag - My Purple Butterfly by Melany Violette
glitter flowers - Glitter Girl Mini Elements by Melany Violette; flower brushes - by Melany Violette; fonts - Cheri, Arial Narrow

July 19 Scraps
{RAEGAN & MAMA}Credits: kit - Sorbet Blossoms by Melany Violette at Simply Clean Digi Scraps; stitches - Boys and Their Toys: Boys' CD Edition by Melany Violette; - Summer Beginnings by the Queens of Clean at Simply Clean Digi Scraps; red circle - My Sunshine: Boys' CD Edition by Melany Violette; alpha - Shades of Field Berries by Melany Violette; round tag - Garden Girl by Melany Violette; stick pin - by Gina Miller; fonts - Bellerose, FB Flamingo

{MY SON}Journaling reads: I love this picture of the two of us. It was taken a few hours after you were born. When my friend Margot saw it, she exclaimed “You had a shower, didn’t you?!?” And how right she was! I had taken a blissfully hot and much needed shower after giving birth to you. I needed that shower, and since I felt and looked clean (I even have earrings on!), I had Papa take a picture of the both of us. That smile on my face? Shows how proud I was for giving Papa a SON.....and how happy I was for being presentable for this photo!

Credits: kit - Wild Child Paisley by Melany Violette at Simply Clean Digi Scraps; alpha - Silver Alpha: Boys' CD Edition by Melany Violette; fonts - Bellerose, Marcelle Script

{THE PRICE OF BEAUTY}Journaling reads: Your first pair of earrings. June 15, 1998 was the date your ears were pierced. You were only 2 months old, but boy, did you exercise your lungs that day! I think you screamed more from being held fast, and not from the fleeting pain that the piercing gun gave you. Oh sweetheart...such is the price of beauty.

Credits: kit - Dreams of Asia: Girls CD Edition by Melany Violette at Simply Clean Digi Scraps; fiber - Pastel Petals and Paisleys by Melany Violette; tag alpha - Garden Girl by Melany Violette
Pewter alpha - Girls CD Edition by Melany Violette; fonts - Fiolex Girls, Gentium Alt


And that's it!

{EXERCISE NEWS}
Yes, exercise! I finally started on my Windsor Pilates DVDs. I did the 20 minute Circle Workout. It was ok, not too hard, not too easy. So I added the Buns and Thighs Workout. OMG!!! Need I say any more? :)

2 comments:

Elizza said...

wow! you've been busy! love your new layouts -- specially the TIME magazine cover! sooo cute! and i'm amazed how you've documented everything from day 1 of your kids! great job! and i'm sure your kids would appreciate it!

Renee Valerie said...

man-o-man... when can we start our tutorial. hope some of ur talent for this rubs off on me.... SOON! :O) love ur work 'te. really cool stuff! :o)