Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On the Road to Recovery.....I Hope

Well, it's been an interesting few days. For some strange reason, I was struck down by some....bug....virus....that totally MADE me stay in bed! Sheesh! It was an on-off thing and it was starting to get to me. Me, who NEVER gets sick!!! Guess I'm not superwoman after all; not anymore! Need to whip this fat behind into gear.

Which brings me to my next point. Roc, Rejy and I embarked on our 3-day diet to lost 10 pounds. Water weight, I know, but this was going to jumpstart our diet of healthy eating and whatever else we could think of to lose the weight that we want. Halfway into the first day, I got sick. I've been sick for 5 or 6 days! Can you believe that? I mean, I can't even believe I was down for the count for that long!

Anyway, because I was sick AND was on that stupid, gross diet, I lost somewhere between 8-12 pounds. Great, right? Sure...but I am NOT going to do this diet again. Ever. I think it's what made me sick, too! Not just me, but Roc was brought down too! I told her that our bodiers were NOT designed to withstand a severe lack of food in our system....no matter what the "chemical breakdown" is. Hah!

Anyway, I had a bit of a reprieve this past Saturday, which allowed me to participate in what was practically an all-day affair at Divine Digital.

{MY SCRAPS}
{BLOOMING IN THE LIGHT}
Credits: snaplet - by Laura Kockelkorn; doodles - by Caroline Bain; font - Gentium Alt

{DIVING DAYS}Credits: kit - Blueberry by Kim Christensen; tag - Celery by Kim Christensen; stamp - by Deborah Vessels; fonts - Marcelle, Times New Roman

{Q-T Pies}Credits: snaplet - Rebecca Ferraioli; tags - Tomatoes by Kim Christensen; fonts - Comic Sans, Chiquita Banana

{STOP &SMELL THE FLOWERS}
Journaling reads: You had such a fun time at the Flower Fields. You gleefully ran all over the place, stopping only when there was no grass or pavement; you didn’t like to get your hands dirty.. You attacked the flower maze behind your siblings before Mama or Papa could catch you. We found you by following your shrieks of anger and frustration as you stared into your muddy hands. You had fallen into a mushy part of the ground. Laughing, we picked you up and cleaned you off. The picture above was taken when you decided to take a breather.....to STOP and smell the FLOWERS. I hope you continue to do this the rest of your life. You will need it. After that moment of seriousness from you, you deliberately taunted Mama by taking your socks off and throwing them in opposite directions. Sigh!

Credits: kit - freebie from the Three Pieces Your Way Crop by Eva Kipler; fonts - My Own Topher, Highland Perk


That last layout of Ranger I was pretty proud of; our challenge was to take the 2 pieces of paper and 2 pieces of elements and make a layout with it. And that's what I came up with! Pretty good, huh? hehehe.

Ok. It's 3 am here now, and I really NEED to get to bed and rest. G'night all!

2 comments:

Elizza said...

i would do that diet too even if it's water weight! 10lbs IS 10lbs! lol! BUT, i dont think it was a good idea to do it when you werent feeling well already....but hey, that's 12 lbs!!!!...congratulations!

love the layouts! and ranger's layout/journaling is really funny!

Renee Valerie said...

hahaha! - and i thought roc was gonna be the only one who was gonna try that 3-day diet. but hey - it works! at least just to jump start you into something much more stable and something that will change your eating habits for life (a.k.a. japa's way!). hope u feel better...