Sunday, July 23, 2006

Packing Frenzy

Well, sort of. Trying to pack MY stuff and mom's stuff. And we're leaving for Hawaii on Tuesday. Sigh! As of this writing, I have packed 2 boxes and am halfway done with my duffle bag. Mom has packed 1 suitcase. I am also building a box of stuff for us to take home in December, hehehehe.

Anyway, whenever I pack, I "reward" myself with some time on the computer to scrap. I NEED my reward time!

Anyhoo, here are my scraps from the past couple of days:

{SCRAPS OF MAMA}
(PRECIOUS JEWELS}
Credits: kit - Springtime Doodlebugs by Melany Violette at Simly Clean Digi Scraps; stitches - Summer Beginnings by the Queens of Clean; laundry tag - The Good Life by Marsha Zepeda
tab, brads - Tropical Dreams by Melany Violette; torn alpha - Shades of Field Berries by Melany Violette; fonts - Marcelle Script, Arial, Pea Johanna Script


I think this is going to be one of my absolute fave layouts. I love how this one turned out! Thanks to Eve Recinella for the scraplift inspiration!

{YOUR SMILE MEANS....}
Journaling reads: I love seeing your smile. Your wide, ear-to-ear, gleeful smile. There are times that I think you’re thinking of something else when you smile that bright, flashing, show-your-teeth smile of yours. Your smile means you are a mischievous, frisky, frolicsome, impish little boy. Your smile means you are playful, naughty, happy, whimsical and lighthearted rolled into one little adorable package. Your smile means you can also be up to no good and will use your dazzling smile to try and get away with murder. Your smile means you are a charming, enchanting, intriguing, delightful child and I will always LOVE YOU!

Credits: kit - Freedom is in the Stars by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; font - Cheri, Bellerose; based on a sketch by Jen Caputo

This layout could very well be going into my fave LOs, too. I was hesitant to use red and turquoise on black for the text, but it came out pretty well, didn't it? Hehehe. Not bad journaling, too, if I do say so myself. The things a thesaurus can do! :)

And, dipping into my stash of older photos, I scrapped these:

{ROGAN'S FIRST CHRISTMAS}
Journaling reads: Rogan was all of 6 1/2 months when he experienced his first Christmas. His normally chinky eyes were very round as he tried to take in all that was happening, especially during the opening of gifts. Although he was uninterested in the big box from MamaLols, he perked up once she had assembled the car/rocker that was inside. He immediately demanded to sit in it. After an initial episode of him almost falling over (Papa had to grab at his rocker), he spent the rest of the time contentedly and quietly rocking the night away.

Credits: kit - Christmas in July Mega Kit at 3Scrapateers; font - Comic Sans; sketch by Jen Caputo

{CHRISTMAS 1999}
Journaling reads: Christmas 1999 was the year we celebrated the holidays with just 2 kids. Life was simpler, quieter, and cheaper! Also, it was easier for Santa to come into the house and leave presents without being seen!

Credits: kit - Jingle Jam Christmas Postcard Kit by Teri Hanson; fonts - Pea Johanna Script, Pussycat

{CHRISTMAS WITH THE NANNIES}
Credits: kit - Bit of Snow Mini Kit by DeDe Smith; fonts - Marcelle Script, Arial

Why all the Christmas layouts? It's Christmas in July over at Divine Digital :)

{MOM NEWS}
Mom had a reunion with her high school classmates. 9 of them showed up, which was a pretty good number I guess. Sounds like she had fun. Her classmate from San Jose, Lulu, is spending the night here and will be flying back tomorrow.

While Mom was out partying, we took Dad to Red Lobster and I feasted on Lobster and Shrimp Caesar Salad along with a Strawberry Margarita of course! :) Yummmmm!

{DAD NEWS}
Dad's blood sugar has been pretty high the past week. Maybe his body hasn't adjusted to the Lantus yet, but I think we will be adjusting it tomorrow. We will have to wait a week or 2 to see the effect of the adjustment in the dose. His blood sugar has been in the high 130s, sometimes reaching 200+! But he has been pretty good about his eating habits, which is good!

That's all.

1 comment:

Elizza said...

those are GREAT layouts, 'te!

and WE are so EXCITED to see you guys soon! :D