Friday, July 14, 2006

Updating My Blog!

Eeek! I cannot believe I haven't updated my blog in 4 days! Four whole days! Whoa! At least I've been scrapping some, so I don't feel too bad. It has been a hectic week, in terms of shuttling Mom and Dad to various doctors' appointments. Also, my college friends from USC came and of course I had to spend a few days with them! Thank goodness Dad's appointments were a little bit less during Monday and Tuesday.

So THAT'S why I haven't been able to update my Blog! I was busy with Kathleen, Shannon, Amy and her 2 adorable little boys, Cameron and Henry! I have some pictures, but I won't show them here until they're on a layout or 2 or 3.

MONDAY DOINGS
After I had brought Dad to his doctor, I met up with my USC Rowing friends at Shannon's place. She lives in Highland Park, which is not a bad drive from Glendale at all. Anyway, from Shannon's, we all went to have lunch at La Taquiza, this Mexican restaurant near school on 30th and Figueroa. The twins have frequented this place I think, and it USED to be called Carmel's when WE were going to 'SC. All in all, the place looks the same, albeit a little bit more sosy looking, and the food was nice and yummy, with a few more variations on the menu than before.

We then went to visit the USC Campus. And OMGosh!!! It sure has changed! We were counting....and it's been 16 years since we graduated!!! Hehehehe. Almost a whole generation and of COURSE the campus has changed! While the old buildings were still there, there have been a lot of improvements. Tommy Trojan still stands at his spot, but the campus is just beautiful with fountains, hedges, green areas and even an infinity pool!

Our old hangout, Heritage Hall, where the office of USC Women's Crew was located, still stands. The trophy cases Heisman trophies are still out in full force, along with a couple of National Football Championship trophies. Ahhhh....it's awesome to be a TROJAN!

TUESDAY ACTIVITIES
Kath slept over and went with us to bring Dad to his doctor's appointment in downtown LA. After dropping Mom and Dad off, we decided we wanted coffee, i.e., Starbucks or Coffee Bean. It took us 20 minutes driving around downtown LA in our quest for coffee! Where is Starbucks when you really need it?!?!? Sheesh! Finally, after driving through the entire Jewelry District, we decided to head over to where the bank buildings were. Lo and Behold! In ONE intersection, there were 2 Starbucks AND a Coffee Bean in 3 of the 4 corners! Imagine that!

After our coffee fix, we picked up Mom and Dad, ate at Pat and Oscar's for lunch, then headed back home. We returned a rental at Burbank Airport then proceeded to Westlake Village to meet at Amy's Uncle Rudy's house after picking up Shannon.

It was a RELAXING and peaceful afternoon. We watched Cameron and Henry have a total blast with their Mom in the pool. We left Westlake at 7 pm and had dinner at Souplantation. Yummmmm!!!

The only glitch of the day: the Range Rover decided to eternally have it's fan/blower thingy on the whole time! Even when I shut down the engine! Sheesh! It stayed like that overnight, until it finally shut off sometime in the morning....because the damn battery was totally discharged!! Aaaargh!!!

WEDNESDAY HAPPENINGS
Dropped off Kath at Burbank Airport :(

Brought Dad to his appointment then called Roadside Assistance to jumpstart the Range. Nice guy, Gary, came over to get the Range going. Once it did, I jumped in and drove straight to Symes in Pasadena to drop the dang vehicle off and get it fixed. Turns out the hydraulics MAY need to be fixed, along with a tire that was bald. It was also time for the Range's 30,000 mile check up, so I told the guy to go ahead and do whatever was needed. Thank goodness they gave me a nice Kia Rio loaner, hehehehe. It's TINY and flicking GOLD. And everything in it is MANUAL. Sheesh!

THURSDAY EVENTS
The usual. Dad's appointment, lunch out at this quaint little restaurant called Camillo's Bistro over at Eagle Rock Blvd, another doctor's appointment.

Things are shaping up for our Hawaii trip. I made plane reservations for me, hotel reservations for everyone, tried to fix Mom and Dad's reservations (they'll end up flying a day after me), and finalized car rental reservations! Whoohoo! Pretty productive day.

AND, I scrapped!

UPDATED!!!!
Okay then, by blog is finally updated! Hehehehe :) I think I'll post some layouts tomorrow first thing. Not that I may get to do it. It'll be a busy day tomorrow since we're having Mass here at home.

And how was YOUR week?!?

2 comments:

Elizza said...

busy, busy, busy!!!! but glad to hear you have booked a flight o hawaii already.,..that means we will be seeing you guys soon! :D

Olivia Dizon said...

I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad are OVERJOYED that you're there with them now. You're really a good daughter Te. And very capable at that!!! :-)