Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Starting December Activities

I've just typed the list of the poor community right behind our house, divided into kids ages 5-12 years and their families. I'm not sure if I'll take out the 11-12 year old kids from the list, but I've started buying stuff for everyone else already.

I went to Greenhills first thing in the morning (well, 1030 am!) to scout around for toys and other knick knacks that we can give out. The Everything P50 was full of crappy stuff, so I skirted around them and REALLY started looking. Sigh! I finally spotted a stall that sold silverplated jewelry from Korea, so I knew it was going to last. I settled on some cute Hello Kitty bracelets for girls in the 9 and 10 age brackets. At P80 per bracelet, it was higher than what I expected to spend, but since we had a much smaller list of kids this year, I figure it was ok.

From Greenhills, I went to the office to spend a few hours there signing checks, talking to people and finalizing Rogan's passport application. I have GOT to send that off tomorrow so I can keep my hopes alive that I get his passport BEFORE the year ends!

Then I rushed out at 230 to bring Raegan and Ranger to the pediatrician. Ranger's going to be on antibiotics yet again because of phlegm-y cough (ugh!) and Raegan got her DPT booster shot. The kids left to go to swimming while I waited to see MY doctor. I *had* to have my leptin shot to burn more fat from this body, hehehe. The good news is that upon measuring, I had lost 1 cm off my thighs, 2 cm off my hips and 3 cm off my waist!!! Whoohoohooo! The bad news is that my arms and calves remained the same. Oh well. Those are my hard-t0-get-rid-of-fat places really, especially my darned arms!!! The answer: exercise. Oooookay. Moving on....

Japa and I went on a date! Yeah! Hehehe. Nothing like us-time once in a while, eh? We watched the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace.

Summary: Betrayed by Vesper, the woman he loved, 007 fights the urge to make his latest mission personal. Pursuing his determination to uncover the truth, Bond and M interrogate Mr. White who reveals the organization which blackmailed Vesper is far more complex and dangerous than anyone had imagined.

Forensic intelligence links an Mi6 traitor to a bank account in Haiti where a case of mistaken identity introduces Bond to the beautiful but feisty Camille, a woman who has her own vendetta. Camille leads Bond straight to Dominic Greene, a ruthless business man and major force within the mysterious organization.

On a mission that leads him to Austria, Italy and South America, Bond discovers that Greene, conspiring to take total control of one of the world's most important natural resources, is forging a deal with the exiled General Medrano. Using his associates in the organization, and manipulating his powerful contacts within the CIA and the British government, Greene promises to overthrow the existing regime in a Latin American country, giving the General control of the country in exchange for a seemingly barren piece of land.

In a minefield of treachery, murder and deceit, Bond allies with old friends in a battle to uncover the truth. As he gets closer to finding the man responsible for the betrayal of Vesper, 007 must keep one step ahead of the CIA, the terrorists and even M, to unravel Greene's sinister plan and stop his organization.


Very very COOL and FAST movie! So fast in some scenes that my head was spinning! But it was the first time I've seen Daniel Craig in action as James Bond; I actually refused to see him in his first Bond film because I was protesting the removal of Pierce Brosnan who was my definition of the quintessential Bond, hehehehe. But after Quantum, I think I'm going to go look for that first Daniel Craig bond film. I LOVE him as Bond! Not as refined looking for sure, but I like the fact that he's not perfect, he can get hurt AND show his cuts and bruises on his face, he's got a great bod (hot hot hot!) and he can be downright tender when it came to it! Gorgeous and sexy man, he is!


Oh, I scrapped tonight, but I can't post it just yet...the kit I used on it will be coming out this Friday, so I'm sitting on it til then!

No comments: