Saturday, March 01, 2008

Tri Meet

Bright and early, we all trooped to Celebrity Sports Plaza for the kids' swim meet. The kids HATE to compete here because it's a 50-meter pool, hehehe. They train in a 25-meter pool and are so used to it, they feel they get so winded so much easily when they're in a 50-meter pool. And I totally see their point....so I told them to suggest to their coach that they should practice in a longer pool for a few days a month. Obviously, that suggestion was met with yells and frowns and roars of rage. Oh well.

Here's a pic of their ENTIRE team. All 8 of them, hehehe:

Can't beat that. Oh, don't count that boy in the upper left. He belongs to another team. But can you believe our 8 kids competing against the 2 other teams who had about 15 swimmers each??? Sigh!

The kids did well though:

Raegan: First in EVERYTHING!!!
100m freestyle : 1:34.4
50m butterfly : 0:52.1
50m backstroke: 0:49.0
50m breastroke: 0:55.3
50m freestyle : 0.41.8

Rogan: First in EVERYTHING!!!
50m freestyle : 0:40.8
25m butterfly : 0:21.7
25m backstroke: 0:23.0
25m breastroke: 0:25.9
25m freestyle : 0:18.3

Raine: since she was the only 7 year old in her age group, she swam with the 8 years old girls
50 m freestyle : 0:46.9 - 4th place (6 seconds away from first)
25m butterfly : 0:21.2 - 2nd place (.05 second away from first!)
25m backstroke: 0:25.2 - 4th place (4 seconds away from first)
25m breastroke: 0:26.8 - 4th place (1.5 seconds away from first)
25m freestyle : 0:20.5 - 3rd place (1.2 seconds away from first)

Reese did well, too, considering she had her period and was thinking about NOT competing!!!
100m freestyle : 1:42.9 - 4th place (31 secs)
50m butterfly : 0:51.3 - 3rd place (3 secs)
50m backstroke: 0:46.9 - 2nd place (4 secs)
50m breastroke: she didn't want to do breastroke
50m freestyle : 0.39.8 - 3rd place (3 secs)

After the competition, the kids clamored to have lunch at where else? Omakase! Their all-time favorite restaurant. With their performance today, of course Elizza and I said yes! I was so proud of all of them, especially Rogan, who was the biggest and most pleasant surprise of the lot! I couldn't believe it! He did extremely well and seemed to think nothing of it, hehehe! Humility? Maybe. Or most likely, he was spacing out after each race, wanting to play in the water playground. Sigh. Boys.

[Sweet Rewards Point Time]

1. How often do you get sick with a cold? The flu? Something else? - Not much. I'm a pretty healthy person (knock on wood right this instant, hehehe!). I rarely get sick even with the sniffles.

2. Are you the sort of person who goes to work or school no matter how sick you are or are you willing to stay at home when it gets bad? - Even when I was a kid, I hated to miss school. Weird, I know, but I loved going to school. The only time I'd miss school was when I couldn't get up from bed (which was pretty rare). Now that I'm an adult, a migraine will make me stay home. Babying myself? Maybe. But I'm smarter now and I listen to my body. :)

3. How do you like to treat a cold? What remedies do you like and why? Do you go to the doctor willingly? - Thera Flu, cold meds, lots of water. I don't have time to go to the doctor, which is why I try everything I can think of first!!!

4. What do you do to keep from getting sick in the winter? - drink a double dose of Vitamin C if someone close to me is getting the sniffles :) Simple as that. Or stay away from them, hehehe.

5. What is your favorite thing to do when you stay home from work or school? - Scrap! Catch up on my DVD series. Read all sorts of things from fiction to kids' books to the latest on cheap land for sale.

And that, folks, was an easy way to earn a point over at Sweet Shoppe Designs for a coupon to go shopping. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I really do NOT need to spend more money on digiscrapping stuff, but I loooooooove the stuff over at SDD! And with a 40% off coupon, I'm going to get an awesome deal!!! :)

TTFN!

No comments: