Monday, March 24, 2008

Back Home, Finally!

Ahhhh! Home sweet home! I am resting, after having taken a shower and scrubbing down major time. Traveling 16 hours in the same clothes I was in during our last day in Paris does not make me a happy camper. Ugh! I soooo needed a shower when we arrived!

It was a loooooong flight......much longer it seemed than our flight going to France (although technically, it was really shorter). Maybe it was the anticipation of going home and seeing Japa and the kids that made me ITCH to get home fast!

Our flight from Paris to Dubai was pretty much uneventful, me finally getting to watch a couple of movies on the personal TV screen (that was HUGE!) that we had. As we neared Dubai though, with about 13 minutes to go, I was really sleepy, so I figured I'd get some shut eye......a few minutes later, I woke up with a start, looked over at the monitor and saw that we had 25 minutes to go! HUH?!?!?! *entering the Twilight Zone maybe???*

Then as I got fully awake, I realized that we were hovering above the skies of Dubai...but visibility was close to zero with all the clouds and fog and whatever else was up in the sky with us. I knew it was morning and being the Middle East, the sun was most likely up high in the sky at 6 am. But we could see no sun! Then we hit some turbulence....and I started to pray that we'd be able to land safely, and soon!

Sure, we have travel insurance (we had to get it, to be able to get a Schengen visa), but it would be nice to NOT use it right? Hehehe. After a few more minutes, I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw some spire tops of the tallest buildings in Dubai. Whew! We were going to land soon!

Dubai International Airport was a MADHOUSE. Soooooo many people, despite the early hour! This was such a busy airport!!! And because of the early morning fog, there was quite a lot of flights that were delayed....and the lounge was PACKED. Ugh!

Luckily, Mom found us some seats pretty quickly, and we settled in for the 3:45 hour wait. We had some snacks, but eventually fell asleep in our chairs. We woke up with a few minutes to spare and we went for a looooooong walk to our gate.

Mom and I both tried NOT to sleep on the last leg of the flight just so we could avoid jet lag, but I guess our bodies couldn't take it, hehehe. We promptly went to sleep as soon as the plane took off (an hour delayed) but I did manage to finish the movie I was watching on the previous flight before doing so :)

NAIA was another MADHOUSE. Ridiculously so! Super duper long lines at immigration and after the freezing temperatures in Paris, it was HO-O-O-O-O-O-T!!!!!! Ugh ugh and ugh!

But I am home, on my bed, with Japa snoring beside me, hehehehe. Ahhhhhh! Home.

1 comment: