Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bummer Basketball, Blah and a Blurb

For the second week in a row, we girls (Zhar, Lai and myself) trooped to the Xavier gym to cheer on the VWL Vultures. It was a must-win situation to be in contention for first place; otherwise, the boys go home with second place. For the 3rd year in a row.

It was a pretty exciting game, especially the part where we were screaming our heads off, "Defense!" For the most part, our cheering was DEFINITELY noticed. I mean really! We were the ONLY loud ones there. If we hadn't started cheering, NO ONE else was going to start yelling. Sheesh! It made for exciting moments, hehehe.

But all to no avail. The boys were within 2 points when everything went to heck. They were too tired, since they practically had no substitutes on hand. Sigh. Sayang! Oh well. Maybe next year :)

I guess they should try getting some younger guys; nothing against the older guys, but really, they needed some speed on that team and not necessarily guys who looked like they needed to use provillus, hehehe.

{BLAH}

The blues? Weeeeellll....just feeling a bit blah lately. Maybe I'm PMSing...I hate that time of the month, you know? I go hot and cold within a short period of time. And no, it's NOT hot flashes either! I'm too young for that, hehehe! Maybe I'm perimenopausal (I read that somewhere). Maybe. But have a feeling I'm going to be nearing that time already. Just feeling bleck, and my back is starting to ache. Sigh!

{BLURB for Today}

Go check out my post a couple of days earlier. Where we talked about F.A.T. I guess it goes without saying that if one has fat, one has those ghastly cottage cheese type of growth on, in and within, our legs. This, my friends, is called cellulite. Ugh.

I've been trying to get rid of mine since I was what, 12?!?! I've always had cellulite on my arms, legs and stomach, the latter made worse due to childbirth! And the search for the perfect cellulite cream to completely eradicate these horrific bumps goes on and on and on. And on and on and on.

Want to be able to compare products before actually buying them first? Then check out this site to get the real deal on whether certain products work or not. What works and what doesn't. Where real people actually write reviews about the products. I guess I need to sift through this site to be able to find something for weight loss, trimming, dieting stuff, and (eek!) exercise gear maybe? I guess there's no denying that I MUST exercise somehow eh?

{CATCH UP SCRAPS}

More of these! I've got at least a couple of pages of layouts over at DST to wade through before I'm actually caught up! Here are a couple of pages that I scrapped for a potential album about our Walking Tour with Carlos Celdran a couple of months back:

KUCHERO
A "kuchero" is a person who drives a horse-drawn carriage.

Journaling reads: We spent an enjoyable 20-minute ride with Many Rey aboard his kalesa, pulled by Romeo his horse. Mang Rey told us that he started off working for one guy until he was able to save enough to buy his own kalesa and horse. He now has 8 kalesas and horses. Despite his success, he still enjoys driving people around the Walled City and sharing what he knows of the city’s history. Mang Rey is a typical hardworking Pinoy who has put all his children through school. He says he is grateful that the government has given people like him a chance to make money and to do well in business.

Credits: kit - Celebrating Liberty by Rina Kroes at 3Scrapateers; font - DJB Mandy by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; convex bend action - by Jen Caputo; layered sketch - Getting Playful by Janet Phillips


AMAZING LIVING MUSEUM
My LO for the ADSR Challenge 1.

A potential cover for my Walking Tour album.

Journaling reads: Intramuros, the Walled City.....a museum in its own right. A LIVING museum of Philippine history. Built in the Spanish era circa 1500s, “intra muros” literaly means “within the walls”.The fortress and the city within was severely damaged by the Japanese during WWII. Today the city showcases different museums, monuments and churches that re-tell Philippine past.

Credits: by Karah Fredricks at Blue Flombingo: kit - American Sweethearts; star buttons - Bountiful Buttons; graph alpha - Hoopdee by Lauren Reid; sticker alpha (recolored) - Chalked Full of Fun by Lisa Whitney; font - DJB Angela by Darcy Baldwin at The Digi Chick; layered sketch - by Gina Miller


I am excited about this album! Ever since I got my first Shutterfly book, I am sold on them! So now I want to start making pages for yet another album! Exciting!!!

TTFN!

1 comment:

Olivia Dizon said...

love your cover LO!!! It's so alive!!!