Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home Repairs

As of today, the kids' rooms have all been laid out with maple flooring. Only the masters' room to go. I think it should almost be done since when I left last week, the guys were grouting (?) the space between the floor boards. Then "just" sanding to go. They use a sander, but I know it gets REALLY dusty, so none of us can move into the other rooms just yet.

Can't wait to see what the whole upper floor will look like without any carpet but real flooring this time! Whoohoo!!!

Next on the list? I'm having some cabinets taken out. Like ALL the TV cabinets. I don't want the built-in ones that mom and dad had had made 20 years or so ago. Hehehehe. We need to modernize a bit (finally!).

My personal project will probably be to paint the kids' closets in their bathrooms. Heck, even the walls in their rooms! The plan? To strip the wallpaper and have fun painting their walls! Off course, still just a plan now, but it's formulating in my mind for sure!

First things first, to make sure that we have an air compressor available. I refuse to paint the walls by hand. In the States it was ok doing it, but the rooms here are just soooo much bigger, man! Hehehe. Besides, not only would the walls looks more professionally done, but having an air compressor sure would make the work go by so much faster, eh? So. Either borrow an air compressor from someone....or hire someone to do the job who has one. Hmmm...........somehow that latter option sounds SOOOO much better, hehehehe!


No comments: