Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm 38!!!

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,
Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I'm 38! Yikes! Definitely off the calendar numbers, but still on the thermometer, eh? *wink* Hehehe. Hanging on for sure, before "middle age" hits me. But hey, age really doesn't matter; what matters is what you feel INSIDE of you, right? Right! And for now, I feel.....uhhmmmm......18? Hahahahaha!

I was pretty spoiled today. Japa and I woke early and he reminded me about going to mass to thank God for my life. Yes, my husband reminded me! Since we had time to spare, he even cooked me a breakfast omelet and made me some coffee!

Then it was off to church, at Incarnation. Today the church celebrates the Transfiguration of Jesus.

Then we went home and spent a quiet morning on the computer and watching some TV. I then shouted upstairs to wake up Randy and Stella so we could go get lunch. We were all anticipating the Souplantation for lunch; but when we got there, the dang place was closed!!!

We found out that they had voluntarily closed shop. Apparently, they had failed a food or restaurant inspection and they were not leaving anything to chance until they got that rating back up again. But still! It was my birthday and they were closed!!! Waaaaah!

So, after wracking our brains for other places to eat, we all settled for Fuddrucker's. And drove all the way to Burbank since the Fuddrucker's at Michillinda was closed! Sheesh! All this driving for a simple lunch! Hehehehe.

I had my usual Chicken Caesar Salad, Japa had a buffalo burger, Stella had a regular burger...and Randy had a ginormous ONE POUND hamburger! Oh man, this thing was HUGE!!! And yes, he did finish it! Hehehehe.

After lunch, Randy and Stella dropped us off at Barnes and Noble while they went to Lowe's to buy some supplies for the renovation of the powder room. I bought some books, including a text for Dreamweaver CS3. That may be reading material on the way home (ugh!) so I can refresh my memory before tackling the job of getting the website set up. Sisterhood dears, if you're reading this, get ready with your plans for the website!!

Then it was back home where I did some more packing; seems like a never-ending thing doesn't it? And after surfing the internet for a few hours, it was time for dinner. No question about it, we were going to have MEXICAN, my all-time fave food! So off we trooped to Acapulco where I had a huge chicken burrito and not one, but TWO strawberry margaritas! Whoohoohoo! Lip-smackin' good, those 'ritas! Yummmm!!!! Val and Ram joined us, but only for drinks, since they had had an early dinner.

{Boydee is 37!!!}

Yup! Happy birthday, brother dear! And for you faithful blog readers who don't know, Boydee and I have the same birthday. Yeah, kind of like twins. Only thing is, I tell people he's my bulok twin! Hahahahaha. Hmmmm.....not sure what bulok means in English; could be rotten, grossly stale....something that happens when you've been in storage for a year. Bwahahahaha! I love you, Boyds! :)

What an awesome day! Sure, I missed the kids, but we'll celebrate when I get home :)

TTFN!

4 comments:

Elizza said...

we missed you here, ate! are we part of the "celebrating when you get home"? hehe! see you soon!

Olivia Dizon said...

Happy, happy birthday Ate!!! Hmmm... As your 'bulok' twin's wife, perhaps I should defend him? Hehehe... Or maybe NOT. It is after all your blog. Heheheh... HB!!! We love you!!!

Mich said...

belated happy birthday to you Rona! glad you had a blast!

Katie Nelson said...

Happy Birthday (a little late!) Did you know I am also 38?

Hope you had a good one!