Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tita San Passes

It is the 14th in Manila. At 11:28 am, Tita San dies. I think she was just waiting for all the her documents to be prepared, and for Mom to finally arrive from the States. But I don't think she could have hung on much longer, she was in pain. I remember asking Bang to whisper in Tita San's ear that if she was just hanging on waiting for Mom, and if she was in pain, to just let go, just so she won't be in pain anymore.

Mom and I never made it to Tita San's side. We were waiting at the airport when we got the call from Manila. I just thank God that we had decided that I was going home with Mom; otherwise, she'd have been getting that call when she was alone. At least I was there to offer a (wide) shoulder to cry on if she needed it.

But if you know my mom, she is a strong woman. Takes after Lola. She tried to hide her tears while we were in the plane. I let her cry it out for a little bit, her head turned away from everyone else. After a bit, I hugged her and told her that she HAD to get some sleep while in the plane because I was expecting her NOT to get any sleep once we landed and she'd want to take care of every little detail she could during Tita San's wake.

In a way, I think Tita San had waited for as long as she could. I told Mom that she had no business feeling guilty for being away from Tita San when she passed. It was her time, and she was at peace with what she knew about the state of her affairs.

One of the more important things that were "settled" so to speak, was the mended relationship between her kids and Tito Lito. The kids finally heard their mom's side from Tito Lito. All the things and emotions that she went through during her last 4 years, I think he told her kids. And they thanked Tito Lito for everything that he did for Tita San.

Another thing that was settled were all Tita San's properties. They had been transferred several years back, and a few were already in the process. Even some blue ridge real estate was settled. No, that's Tito Rey's. I meant the Santolan apartment's documents were already settled.

Tita San is to be cremated as soon as possible. I was right in thinking that she didn't want anyone to see her body ravished by the cancer that had eaten at her. Everyone wanted to remember her as the truly alive, vibrant person she was.

No comments: