Sunday, July 15, 2007

In Manila Again....After a Week

Yes, we finally arrived in Manila. First things first, we go home to "see" Tita San. As expected, Mom broke down in front of Tita San's urn and cried. It was heartbreaking. All I could do was leave her some space and some time to pour her grief. I know she feels guilty for not being at Tita San's bedside when she died. But it couldn't be helped; she HAD to bring Dad to the States for his doctors' appointments.

But it's hard telling her that, trying to console her with that. Deep down, though, I know she understands. It's just a matter of her accepting that she has no reason to feel guilty.

And again, as expected, Mom didn't sleep at all. Me? I could barely keep my eyes open at 11 am I think! They were drooping of their own volition! Sigh!

I tried working on the plane, typing up the Novena for the Dead on my laptop. But as usual, barely 2 hours after I started up my laptop, the battery started dying on me. I swear, as I always do when I travel, I'm going to get a new laptop with some major IBM memory chips....I hope someone invents something where I can store RAM on an EHD or something. Just so I won't have to buy a new laptop whenever mine feels outdated with all the memory-hogging new software coming out!

Anyhoo, when it was time for Bang to get the Novena from me, she couldn't wake me. Good thing she had a much SHORTER one on hand, which was the one we eventually used during the entire wake.

I broke down and cried for Tita San and her passing during tonight's mass. The Our Father usually is poignant for me, as well as the Communion Song that Tita San loved, Wind Beneath Our Wings. I couldn't stop my tears spilling over. I REFUSED to look at either Bang or Lai, knowing that they'd start to cry as well, when they saw me :) I know the Sisterhood all too well, eh? *wink*

I'm really tired. Gotta get some sleep eye. I swear, I hadn't gotten over my jet lag from flying TO the States, and now I'm trying to recover from flying FROM the States! Sheesh!

TTFN!

No comments: