Friday, July 27, 2007

Happy 39th Anniversary and Hershey, PA

My folks celebrate 39 years of married life today! Congratulations, Mom and Dad!!! May you guys have many more years to celebrate together!

Japa and I drove from Williamsburg, Virginia to Hershey Pennsylvania. The trip took 5 hours because there was some traffic as we passed Harrisburg....and there were some rain showers which slowed some motorists down, but only a few, surprisingly. Not like in Los Angeles where a bit of rain slows down everyone in a major way.

The drive was pleasant, with all those greenery we drove through. Lush, green trees lined the freeway. No cement or bare ground as we drove by. Just beautiful and relaxing.

We checked in at the bluegreen Hershey Suites....which was right beside the outlets!!! WHoohoohoo!!! We didn't even have to cross a major street to get to the outlets, just a teeny tiny side street! Yeah! Shopping, here we come! Hehehehe.

We check in, did some groceries because we knew Lola and Stella were going to be arriving. And we just vegged out for a few hours before going to the airport.

{HUMMER-ing TIME!}

As in the H3 Hummer. I've always wanted to drive one, and I finally got my chance! The rental car company had called to verify if I was picking up the Expedition I had reserved. I told them that yes, I was picking up a car but that I didn't need a big car anymore (since Mom and Dad and Aguila weren't going to arrive. Dad was eventually brought to the Emergency Room and eventually checked into a hospital night to have some tests done).

As luck would have it, there were still some cars available. My choices: a mini-van, where I made some "uhhhhmmmmmm....." sounds, and the Hummer, where she added was $2 or $5 more per day than the mini-van.

What a choice eh? After making sure that the Hummer had enough trunk space to fit our bags, I practically yelled into the receiver: "I want the Hummer!!!" Hahahahahaha!

What a vehicle! I just LOOOOVE the big SUV height of it, and the heavy, stable base of the Hummer. Kind of like a Mercedes Benz, which I love to drive because I just feel totally safe in it. And this baby could turn too! Not only were the wheels big, but because they were so big, driving on the freeway seemed slow but we were still flying! I had to constantly look at the speedometer to make sure I was within speeding limits. Ok fine. That I was doing a maximum of 10 miles (or so) above the speeding limit. :)

I had a choice of either the red or the white Hummer. What did you think I got!??!?!? A no-brainer question, eh? Hehehehe. Here's our lovely Hummer that would be ours for the next week:And that's ME in there, driving INSIDE!!! :)

Whoohoohoo!!! Driving in s-t-y-l-e!!! :)

TTFN!

No comments: