Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hospital Bound...and a Birthday

Dad woke up this morning and told Mom that he wanted to go to the hospital and be admitted for tests. Mom said thank God and asked him why the sudden change of heart. He said he knew he wasn't getting better and wanted the tests to be run on him to determine the extent of the stroke. Of course, he didn't say the word "stroke". He didn't want it to sound final.

So off we went to the ER again. His doctor went to see him and told him that he had had a stroke. At those words, Dad was in tears. It was the official word, and he couldn't do or say anything that would change it. Mom was looking worried and I told her there was no need to worry. Dad was of course being emotional at the doctor's words. Hearing the words from the doctor lent a sense of finality to his diagnosis. Stroke. A very mild one, but a stroke nonetheless.

I could easily tell what Dad was thinking:

1. Why is this happening to me?
2. Why another thing on top of all that the Lord has made me go through?
3. I'm a sick man and not getting younger.
4. I'm tired.

For my dear relatives reading my blog, feel free to let me know what possible thought Dad had when he heard those final words from the doctor. I know I am correct in my analysis....but let me know if you disagree with me, hehehe. And yes, it will be noted here on my blog!

So anyway, back to Dad. I guess he was uplifted a little bit when his doctor told him his stroke was a very mild stroke. That we had to do some tests to prevent the stroke from escalating and making him worse.

Aaaaand, we're back in the hospital. The ACSU, more specifically, or the Acute Stroke Unit. Just for one night, because his doctor wanted him monitored for the night to make sure there wasn't any stroke escalation.

{BIRTHDAY GREETINGS}

A happy happy birthday to Roxanne! Hope this year is a productive, love-filled (wink!) and blessed one! May you have all the happiness you deserve! Are we eating out? Hehehe. Did you send out birthday invitations at all? If you did, I didn't receive any! *pouting here* Hehehe.


{CATCH UP SCRAPS}

Couldn't have a picture-less post now, could I? :) These are pages for our East Coast album. As always, feel free to click on the pages for a bigger view, for the credits, and to leave me some luuuuv :)

PAPER HAT


DRAGON BOAT MEMORIES


LADY WASHINGTON

TTFN!

No comments: