Monday, October 15, 2007

Another Birthday and a Craft Project

Happy Birthday, Tita Rosie!

She's not here now, she's off to Beijing, China with Roselle and Roby, who surprised their mother for her 60th birthday. Fun, huh! I'm sure I'll hear great stories when they arrive sometime this week.

In the meantime, I have a craft project (sort of) to do. The kids are going to be having their Literacy Night on Friday and Saturday. This is when they get to dress up as their favorite fictional character. In short, it's Halloween time at their school :). The kids are all set: Raegan is going as a pirate girl, Rogan as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Raine as a witch, and Ranger will probably borrow Riley's Buzz Lightyear costume.

The kids are set, but Mama's not, hehehe. I have yet to do their loot bags. Or Treat Cards, more like it. It's just easier. Even with my back, I made myself sit at the computer for a couple of hours doing Photoshop :).

I was thinking of printing them myself to try and save some bucks; cheap ink is so hard to find nowadays. And with home photo printing and printing reports and photos for the kids' homework, ink basically just flows, hehehe.

Despite the low prices of printers now, it is still quite difficult to find ink on sale. Economics, anyone? Ink producers KNOW that their product is a near-basic commodity in this hi-tech world. So of course they won't lower the prices of ink! It is difficult enough to find places that sell ink at low prices, the manufacturers still cannot come up with bigger ink cartridges to save me yet another trip to the store!

I wish we had a place here like Printpal, a place where they sell ink at uber low prices! They even offer free shipping! How cool is that! Plus, they offer coupons to give you even more savings! When I'm in the States and have a craft project, I know where I'm going to get my next batch of ink cartridges!

No comments: