Saturday, February 24, 2007

Yoga, Swimming and a Baptism

{YOGA}

Japa and I attended our first ever Bikram Yoga class with the prodding of Rod and Zhar, who went with us for support----that, or they wanted to see Japa and me suffer! Bikram Yoga is doing yoga poses in a freakin' sauna!!!

I mean, HOT was definitely an understatement! Oh my Lord! I swear, my sweat was literally flowing!!! It was hot as heck in that boiler of a room and we were in there for 90 minutes!!! The poses were okay, I just had to adjust a little bit ---fine, a LOT--- to compensate for the super duper tightness in my leg and back because of my slipped discs.

Yoga was at 930 am, so I figured I didn't want to exactly starve and be all weak-kneed from hunger. So what did I do? I ate a full-on breakfast: a bowl of spaghetti, with fruit salad as dessert! Boy, did I REGRET eating all those. About 15 to 20 minutes into our session, I thought I was going to throw up! Ugh!

The poses weren't that bad, really. But the dang HEAT was what did me in! I wanted to go out to get a breather but didn't because I may not be allowed back in, hehehe. I didn't want to waste my money that way! In my mind, I had psyched myself for yoga stretches and stuff for an HOUR. 60 minutes......NOT 90 minutes!!! That threw me off a bit, but hey, I survived!

It was an experience for sure. Will I repeat it? At least 2 more times, since I've already paid for it, hehehe. At this point, I know I NEED to do yoga for my back. I had a hard time focusing since all I could think of and FEEL was the freakingly, grossly, wet SWEAT dripping off of my face, my arms, my legs. Ugh, ugh, ugh!!! I really hate sweat and I have NO idea WHY I said yes to trying out Bikram.......

.....but after the session, I feel good. My body isn't hurting (I did take Tylenol before, to make sure it didn't hurt); I know I should be feeling sooo sore by now as I type this, but surprisingly (keep your fingers crossed!) I feel okay. Sure, my legs were shaking while doing the poses, and my hands cramped up after the session, but I feel GOOD. And isn't that what it's all about? :)

{SWIMMING}

So because I was SO HOT after Yoga, we called the kids and told them that we were going to jump into the pool to cool off. I was a goner in the car --- I went right to sleep on the drive going home, I was THAT tired. It was a good kind of tired though, if you know what I mean.

We get home, the kids are in the pool. I went to the pool and just sat on the steps in my full Yoga gear, hehehe. I didn't bother going upstairs to get my swimsuit; I couldn't! Hehehe. It was just easier to swim with what I had on.

It's been too long since I went swimming with the kids. I'd forgotten how much fun we all have when we're in the water. Japa and I are lucky in the sense that all our kids love the water as much as we do...even Ranger!

We played tag, raced a few laps (I didn't and couldn't since I was in a shirt and leggings), played water basketball. We ordered PIZZA for lunch and we were all ravenous. We finished off 2 family-sized pizzas in just a few minutes!

Already pooped, I begged off and showered, surfed the boards a bit, downloaded some CT stuff, and dozed off into oblivion.

{BAPTISM}

Bric's baptism had an anticipated mass at 5 pm at the Shrine. We were scheduled to leave the house at 4 pm. After dozing off, I woke up with a start, took a look at the time on my laptop and screamed, "it's 3:30!!!" to no one in particular.

But the scene that followed was probably funny if it had been filmed: the kids ---ALL of them--- jumped off of their beds and started for the door. Japa sat up from the couch where he had dozed of as well. It was a flurry of activity after that as we all got ready for Bric's baptism. Hehehe. We left a little bit past 4 in the end, but we made it to mass. Whew!

So that was my day.....how was yours?

{SCRAPS}
I LOVE THAT I AM
Journaling reads:
I love the fact that:
I am a Mama.
I am blessed with four children.
I am big enough to hold two kids on my lap.
I am able to hug all my kids at the same time.
I get impromptu hugs.
I am a recipient of many kisses.
I am LOVED.

Credits: kit - Celebrate Love by Nina at nidsb and Oscraps; film strips - Don't Be Negative by Gina Miller; lace overlay - Olivia Collection by Shabby Princess; chalk overlay - by Sue Cummings at Oscraps; fonts - KGD Mozer Print, KGD Karen



WONDER
Journaling reads: As you rode Roger Rabbit’s Crazy Cars at Toontown, your eyes grew wide and you looked at everything with this expression of WONDER in your eyes. It was as if you could not believe that you were seeing all the explosions of color during the ride, and the way the car moved you along the entire ride. You didn’t even want to touch the steering wheel for fear of missing something!

Credits: kit - Boy Thing by Heather Heinzer at The Daily Scrap; journaling arrow - Say Here by Eve Recinella at SSD; bend it template - by Debbie Knorr at SSB; scratch n stamp alpha - by Eve Recinella; layered sketch - by Kimberly Geswein; fonts - KGD Tiffany, KGD Anne Catherine, KGD Brandi



NEW YEAR'S EVE
Riley and Ranger, practicing their "Happy New Year" yells....er, greetings.....while waiting for midnight.

Credits: kit - Cool Beans by Heather Heinzer at The Daily Scrap; stitches - by Gina Miller; vintage frame - by Nancy Comelab; sequins - Spring Sequins by Heather Heinzer at SBE; font - KGD Bretta; layered sketch - by Kimberly Geswein



WHAT THE NEW YEAR WILL BRING
Poem reads:

May the New Year bring you
Troubles that last seconds
Giggles that last minutes
Chuckles that last hours
Laughs that last days
Smiles that last weeks
Happiness that last months
Friendships that last years
But most of all,
LOVE that lasts
a lifetime!

Credits: kit - Spa Day by Heather Heinzer at SBE; new year postmark - by Katie Pertiet; ribbon - by Amy Martin; photo border - by Terry Maruca; fonts - KGD Tiffany, LD Slender; layered sketch - by Rachael Giallongo


CAROUSEL DREAMS
Journaling reads: Raegan on the Burbank Mall carousel, finally letting go of her fear (sort of) to help ease one-year old Rogan’s anxieties about getting on the carousel for the very first time.

Poem (unknown author) reads:
What do you dream on that long wooden chair
When the wind of the carousel ruffles your hair?
See the smiles on the faces of kids spinning ‘round
And let your mind wander with the calliope sound.

Laughter fills the air oh, so full of glee
Have you ever felt so lively and free?
The horses gallop ‘round in their marvelous teams
Don’t ever lose sight of your carousel dreams.

Credits: kit - Eastern Spice by Rina Kroes at SBE; vintage photo frame - by Nancy Comelab; fonts - KGD Tiffany, LD Slender; layered sketch - Jiffy Stax Vol 5 by Rina Kroes at SBE


Okidoki...off to bed I go to rest this poor body....in a nice AIR CONDITIONED room!!! :)

TTFN!

No comments: