Saturday, October 28, 2006

Lotsa Stuff to Show and Say

{LAYOUTS FIRST}

I know you faithful blog readers of mine (all 5 of you or so, hehehe!) are eager to see my latest show and tell......



I like what I did with this. Thank you Lai for sending this to me! I think this layout shows how --ahem!--- mature Boydee and I are now. Hehehe. I like to think we were having FUN when we had this pic taken.

One thing I'm proud to have done for this layout is how I've highlighter our pic together. If you can see the original of this pic, you will notice that Bang is behind us, wearing a really really BRIGHT red caftan...which was very distracting when I first scrapped this photo. So, desaturate, apply a Gaussian blur to the original. I copied just Boydee and me onto this desaturated photo and applied Holly McCaig's Purty Pics action filter to it...and voila! I REALLY nice pic of us! :)

Credits for this layout can be seen here.





____

This is a double spread of Raegan during her Portfolio Night. And yes, ALL the kids will be having double spreads for this one. One featuring them holding their certificate which recognizes their individual Smarts, and the other page showcasing their work for the quarter (or semester).

Love Correen Silke's kit I used on this one called September Brunch. It was very fitting for the Baro't saya that Raegan was wearing. I was going to have these pages featured in the RAKS newsletter, but I did the layouts using sketch challenges from Bree Clarkson and Rachel Giallongo that were going to be due by the end of this month.

Credits for these pages are here and here.

More? Sure, I have more, hehehehe! I scrapped the next two pages early this morning when I couldn't go to sleep; when my Excedrin for Migraine kept me up. Grrr. Oh well, at least I made use of my time eh?




Isn't this the cutest shot? Hehehe. Of course, I had to get mad at Raegan before I took this; she was acting up again and saying she didn't want her pic taken. Grrr! But there was NO WAY I was going to pass this photo opp up! Good thing I didn't too, since she won Best in Costume at school during Literacy Night!

I used Eve Recinella's awesome kit called Your Every Wish. Aren't the alphas the cutest!

Credits here.








This one looks a bit busy, I know, but I think it kinda works. I love all the circles in this layout, and that metal-studded frame from Amy Bleser's Little Man kit is just perfect for Ranger's "choochuchen" layout. That's the way he says Choo Choo Train, which Papa couldn't figure out, hehehee.

I guess I SHOULD have made that the title for this page. Oh well. I still have another photo of him, so maybe I'll still get to use "choochuchen".

Credits here.





{IN OTHER NEWS}

Will miracles never cease?!?!?! Reese spent the night here at home!!!! Whoa!!! Hehehe. At least she's honest about "paying" for her Pokemon book. Rielle wasn't able to make it since she had school. On a SATURDAY!!! The horror! She had to be in school to practice for Holy Communion. The WHOLE day! Poor kid!

Anyway, as I'm typing this, the kids are in the pool with Papa. I have some blessed peace and quiet to scrap, to download, to surf, to blog. Ahhhhhh......I just LOVE Saturdays! :)

Later tonight, I'm (sigh!) going over to the South again to play (ugh!) Poker. I swear, this is THE most boring game ever invented! I mean, with the HOURS put in, I could be scrapping!!!!

The good news is, Cathy has expressed an INTEREST in digiscrapbooking! Yay! Another convert! Hehehehe. And her husband Jerome is excited about her being excited. Little does he know that Cathy possesses the knowledge that PayPal can now be used in the Philippines! Bwahahahaha! So shhhhhhh.........

{FUN STUFF: DIGI SHOPPING}

Yes, I just HAD to buy a few things....don't worry, they were all on S.A.L.E .....AND some because I won some Gift Certifiates! Whoohoohoo!!!

First off is my $5 GC from Dani Mogstad (I had to pay $1 to get all these):

____ __

This morning, while surfing over at DST, I came across a thread announcing $1 stuff over at Trish Jones' site! I controlled myself to get this cute little alpha:



Still this morning, while at a chat over at Treasures to Scrap, I won another $5 GC!!! Hehehehe. This one courtesy of Saskia Bokkers of Addicted to Digital. Got these:

______

And last but not the least (yes, it's the LAST one!), I popped over at Divine Digital and bought this awesome, HUGE mega kit called It's A Boy Thing:

_________
_________

This has been a verrrrry good day so far! Hehehe.

{SADNESS}

Looks like The Digi Dreamer will be closing its doors soon. This was one of my very first stints as a member of a Creative Team, one that I've considered a lucky charm :). Staci, the owner, has decided not to continue with the operations of the site for now. I'll always be grateful to Staci and Ruby for offering me that CT spot! Thanks, ladies!

{ALBUMS}

Last week, when Cathy expressed an interest in digiscrapping, she mentioned that she would love to see the layouts I've done PRINTED out. So.....PRESSURE!!! The very next day, I rushed to Fuji and had 63 (!!!) layouts printed!!! hehehe. It was a good excuse as any to eat up a big chunk of my finished layouts sitting on my hard drive. Ate a pretty sizeable chunk of my wallet, too!

But to see the kids go through their "albums" (they're still in clearbooks now, awaiting sorting) and see the wonder in their eyes that they used to be so tiny......it's all worth it. Now, the questions of why this and why that, how this and how that........that's another story, hehehehe.

TTFN!


1 comment:

Elizza said...

do i have to say it AGAIN?!?!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your LOs!

1. mrs potts lo - that was raegan?! thought that was raine!!!!!
2. boydee and rona lo - you should use that picture to scrap then and now pictures! haha! but that is a very "sweet" picture!
3. ranger - it think it's really cute! the bright colors work
4. shopping - i cannot believe you are still shopping!!!!!
5. promise will leave some comments in your gallery....