Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy 2nd Birthday to my Baby!!!

Ranger turned 2 today! My baby is now a big boy....and entering....dare I say it....the TERRIBLE TWOS!!!!! Eeek! Um..can we turn back the clock you think? Hehehehe. You can read the credits here.

Since Raegan and Rogan both slept at La Vista, I took Raine and the birthday boy out for lunch. I was planning to go to Teriyaki Boy, but it was too crowded and there was no parking. Hence, we proceeded to.....ta-dah!!! our ever-favorite Omakase! Yay!

The fun part started when Raine and Ranger had ice cream for dessert. I decided that in lieu of a birthday cake (bad Mama forgot to order a really tiny one just for photo opps today), I'd have Ranger blow a candle from his ice cream scoop. I asked the waitress for a candle and she gave me......a......TEALIGHT!!! Hahahaha! Seriously! Omakase IS a Japanese restaurant after all! So, we made do. I put the tealight on some tissue and placed it ever so carefully on top of the kids' ice cream. And that's what you see Ranger blowing out.

The kids were on a sugar high, I guess, because they were just chatting it up and laughing for the next few minutes. They even had another ice cream scoop, since Mama was so entranced by their playfulness. We waited for Papa to come and gulp his Miso soup down before heading home. We weren't in the car 5 minutes when Ranger crashed and fell asleep.

{PORTFOLIO NIGHT - RAINE}
This was the reason why Ranger wasn't able to have a party TODAY. Raine had portfolio night at school; Raegan, Rogan, Reese and Rielle came with us to watch Raine. The Prep class showcased their projects on saving the rainforest. Raine had a little spiel to say at the end of the program. We were proud of her; she never faltered and didn't need teacher's prompting at all! I also took pictures of her projects. Those will be featured in coming layouts hopefully, hehehe.

After the program, the kids ate and ate and ate. They practically had DINNER at the school!!! Hahahaha. We gorged on delish siopao asado, feasted on barbecues and gobbles spaghetti!

Before leaving school, we stopped by the Scholastic Book Fair. Right away, ALL of the kids went to the Pokemon book chanting that they really really wanted this comic book! Ugh! Told them P495 for drawings of the Pokemon animals?!?!?!? They have GOT to be kidding! I tried convincing them that there were other, more worthy books for them that I would buy, but the girls would not be swayed (except for Raine).

These smart cookies literally thought of "deals" they could make with us just so they could get their hands on the Pokemon book. Raegan said she wouldn't ask Papa for her allowance for 5 whole weeks. Papa said ok, and that she would get no allowance from now until December. Ahhhhh.....Raegan was too smart for him. She whipped out her cellphone and looked at the calendar and counted 5 weeks....then she said, "Papa!!!!" Hahahahaha. It was funny; Papa really thought he could get away with it!

As for Reese, Rielle suggested that Reese's deal would be that she would sleep over at Abada to get the dang Pokemon book. I said okay, but make it at least THREE nights she would sleep over. Hahahahaha. And of course she did!

All the kids are here at home now, with the exception of Riley. We've had our midnight feast of Pizza and more pizza.......it is now peaceful, they've all gone to the other room to sleep. Ahhhhhhh.....the beautiful sound of S-I-L-E-N-C-E!!!

{SCRAPS OF MAMA}
Before I signed off, I just wanted to share a couple of layouts I did of the twins and their girls. I love how they turned out and they're in my list of favorite layouts. Let me know what you think of them if you can, either here or in the galleries.



Credits for Rod and Zhar's Magic of Love are here. Credits for Ran and Stella's Blessed Relationship are here.

And that should be it. Good night!

4 comments:

janna said...

awesome lo's
and thanks for using my template

Olivia Dizon said...

loved Rod and Zhar's pictures!!! Nice LO's all!!!

Thanks for updating your blog Te! That way, we're still aware of what's happening there, especially with the kids. I can imagine what fun it was on both occasions-Ranger's bday and Raine's portfolio night. Nagmilagro ata si Reese! Hahaha...

Missing you all and keep the blogs updated! :)

Elizza said...

love everything in here....your new blog look, your layouts and your update for the month....whoa! what a busy month!

happy bday to both our babies!

congratulations to lover boy and stella! :D haha! can't wait to give birth and start losing weight! grrrr....7 months!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks Ate Rona for the LO :) Can I have the hi res of that so i could have it printed? I have to give you ranger's catchcover pa pala! I will call the office and get some actual samples. Thanks again.