Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Can Drive Again!!!

Oh yeah, oh yeah!!! *doing some crazy dance here* Hehehe. I now have in my possession my Philippine Driver's License!!! Whoohoohoo!!! I WAS using my license from the States ever since I got it, but for some irritating social security law, I couldn't get it renewed this month! Grrrr!!! Total hassle, I swear! Maybe when I go again in the next few months, I'll find some kind DMV person who will let me renew.

Anyhoo, I immersed myself in the whole Philippine government red tape bureaucracy today. And.....it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Hehehe. Yes, it was effing HOT (because it was going to rain, as it turned out), but I managed to find someone to actually HELP me after being sent to only 3 different windows.

And after less than 2 hours, a visit to this rinky dink hellish hole for the mandatory drug test and eye exam, and going to several DIFFERENT windows for the forms, the cashier, and the picture taking place, I was DONE!!!

So I can drive again. Watch out! Hehehehe.

{Some More Catch Up Scraps)

Here are some layouts for my Intramuros (still in the works!) album, from our walking tour last Independence Day:
MANILA CATHEDRAL
Journaling taken from the official website of the Cathedral: The story of the Manila Cathedral is not only a story of the Church, it is also a story of Intramuros, a story of Manila, a story of the Philippines. The Manila Cathedral is a time narrative; it is about ruins and ravages, rising and restorations. Its rich history is a reference to the trials and timelines of Intramuros, the Walled City. The Manila Cathedral: the homepage and centerfold of Philippine history.

Credits: kit - Celebrate Liberty by Rina Kroes at 3Scrapateers; flag button - by Katie the Scrapbook Lady at The Digi Shoppe; fonts - Adler, DJB Mandy by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; layered sketch - by Tracy Blankenship



KALESA RIDE
We hopped on a kalesa (horse-drawn carriage) on our walking tour of Intramuros.

Credits: kit - Frolic by Betsy Tuma at MDM and PDW; alpha, ribbons, glitter burst - Starburst by Laura Deceatis at SSD; font - Adler; layered template - by J Billingsley


DETAILS OF INTRAMUROS
Journaling reads: The Walled City holds many interesting details. There are the doors of the Manila Cathedral which depict the earthquakes and fires that ravaged the City; the cobblestoned roads; and Chinese graveyard markers which commanded a high price in the olden days because the markers were stone and not adobe.

Credits: kit - Teen Extreme Boy by Amy Wolff; vintage frame - by Katie Pertiet; fonts - Rusted Plastic, DJB KeelyB by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; layered template - by Janet Phillips


Ok, gotta go. I need to get dressed for the 40th day of Tita San's passing. We're all congregating at the Shrine.

TTFN!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Congratulations on getting your license!

Your layouts are so beautiful!

Theresa said...

Congrats on getting your drivers license! Beautiful layouts!! Looks fun!

momto4boys said...

Congrats.....Love your layouts looks like a beautiful place...

Unknown said...

Congrats on being able to drive again! Love your layouts!

Amy C. Bleser said...

Congrats Rona! Love your layouts!

Unknown said...

Ahh Ate you're such a goody-goody-two-shoes person! I drive even without a license in hand. I use face value when apprehended and I get away with it most of the time! if all else fails, i cry and sob until i scare the damn officers away. Kidding aside, i have my license and nothing beats the feeling (security) of being a law abiding citizen.

Nice LOs! brings back happy memories!

Olivia Dizon said...

I just had my license renewed here after being expired since last year. Lots of rackets here in our government system. Imagine, P250 to pee and state that we're 'drug-free' and P50 for a receipt from the medical examiner who's not even a doctor! Sigh... :) Congrats on having our licenses renewed!!! Hahaha...