Monday, December 18, 2006

Doctor, Doctor...and Gift Wrapping

Doctor, doctor yet again. Went to see Dr. William Costigan in Pasadena. A spine doctor, referred by Valerie. Yes, a cutie, hehehe.

Anyway, he basically said the following:

1. I have only a 30% chance of having surgery....whew! What a relief!
2. He is going to give me cortison, i.e, steroids, to help me overcome the pain from my back and leg.
3. If the pain does not go away, an epidural (spinal injection) will be necessary to ensure that the pain DOES go away.

4. After the pain is gone, physical therapy will ensue. Ummm...yeah. Sigh! Thought I was going to be able to do away with that!

5. The DRX-9000 that I really wanted to explore...is a bunch of crap. His words, not mine. So I'm still unsure whether to pursue this option.....but I am still open to it.

The one thing I learned? That the pain MUST be gone in order for me to do physical therapy PROPERLY. Makes total sense! Don't know why I didn't see it this way before, but I do now!

{GIFT WRAPPING}

In the early evening, I went to the office to wrap some gifts from the Big Old Bearded Guy from the North. And lug away some gifts from the office to Polaris so I can wrap them. I CANNOT believe that I am STILL not done with everything Christmas! Ack! This is so pathetic, I swear! The only excuse I can come up with is that I can't be moving at anywhere near my normal pace for this time of the year because of the pain in my leg. Which really pisses me off because I really WANT to be done. Like 2 months ago! Grrrr!

TTFN!

No comments: