Friday, December 08, 2006

Church, Work, Scraps

{CHURCH}

Today is a Holy Day of Obligation. December 8. One of only three holy days of obligation in the Catholic calendar. The other two are Christmas and New Year.

Today is the Immaculate Concepcion. I went to mass at Pentecost. I completely forgot that Japa had said we were going to mass together. Whoops! Sorry, sweetheart! But I went because I felt that I may not have the time in the evening.

Of course, my leg was hurting when I went, and it progressively got worse during Mass. We had a pretty good homily, although I wouldn't quote it now since it involved dates. The priest counted when the Virgin Mary conceived, the Annunciation, and the Birth of Jesus.

{WORK}

I went to work after mass! FINALLY!!! After two whole weeks, sheesh! I had to go mainly because I needed my notes of the Board Meeting. I absolutely NEED to do the minutes and send it out as soon as possible since we are going to be having another Board this month, in the States.
Anyway, the office is looking very Christmas-y now. With a theme of First High, kind of like High School Musical, the staff were given a budget and told to decorate their respective areas for the holidays. They did a great job. The office is definitely looking festive :) The winning team will be announced during the Staff Christmas Party next week.

I did clean out my desk, yeah!!! Even Letty was impressed by how fast I did it. Hehehe. Actually, even I was impressed with myself for doing it in record time!

Of course, since I was there, the staff took advantage of my presence, most especially Accounting. Check after check was prepared for my precious signature, hehehe.

The BEST part of my stay in the office? I was actually SITTING in my chair for several minutes before I realized that I was sitting down! No major pain in my back or my leg! Whoohoohoo!!! I am hoping to God that the steroids finally kick in!

{SCRAPS}

When I got home, I was feeling the strain again. I had to lie down to stretch my leg. Major heat packs piled on. Anything to keep the pain from radiating further.

And I scrapped. Catching up on my CT requirements. *sheepish grin* The really really good thing about me being on a number of CTs? Nah, not the free kits (although they are a plus, for sure!), but the PAGES of layouts I get DONE! And I am super duper grateful for the designers who let me play with their stuff!!! My kids' albums will be overflowing for sure!

Of course, getting layouts done are completely different from having them printed out, hehehe. THAT'S the harder part! Gotta shell out major bucks each time I have something printed. Why? Because I wait until I have a huge BUNCH before I actually go to my local Fuji! Sheesh! You'd think I learn my lesson eh?

Some scraps using Rina Kroes' Light Up the Night:

For credits, just click on the image to be brought to my DST gallery. But I want to post the actual poem I used for my BELIEVE layout here on the blog, for posterity:

Believe in a man in a suit of jolly red,
Believe in a man with a stocking cap on his head.
Believe in a Spirit, one so kindred dear,
Believe in one who visits when Christmas time is near.
Believe in a bunch of reindeer who leap to take their flight.
Believe in the magic of a very special night.
Believe Santa was appointed by the Good Lord above,
As another blessed carrier of His good will and love.


---Tracie Watson

Isn't that a COOL poem? I think it's just perfect!

SPARKLE & MAGIC
Again, click on the image if you want to see all the credits for this page.

Life will be our treasure box, filled with the sparkle of laughter, the gleam of adventure, the shine of discovery, the flash of magic. And through all these jewels streams the steady glow of love.
--- Nora Roberts

I will have you guys know that this particular layout has now been commented on by 21 people over at DST. Whoohoohoo!! They love it! Hehehe.

And for those of you in Polaris, yes, this was how we looked during our wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Totally dressed, even the kids were excited about getting dressed! Hehehe.

Okay, I have to stop here. It's Raegan's First Holy Communion tomorrow and we've got to get up early.

TTFN!

No comments: