Monday, August 14, 2006

I WON!!!

Yes sirree, I did! I entered Gina Miller's sketch contest (she's one of my fave designers...especially for beaded stuff and sketches!) Look look look!

So what do you think? Not bad eh? I submitted 3 layouts using different sketches, but when Gina emailed me last night saying that I won, I had a feeling it was going to be this LO of Ranger that had gotten me my awesome prize: Gina's latest SKETCHES and her latest bedazzled hat pins.

{MORE REGULAR POSTINGS}
Yes, I have told myself that I really really REALLY need to be a little bit more consistent in updating my blog. Yes, I love to showcase my layouts, but more importantly, I want to be able to have a record of some sort of what happened in my life. The everyday things. The small things. The simple things.

So anyway, yesterday was pretty fun...we had a little "sprinkle" for Elizza, i.e., sprinkle meaning small and simple baby shower. It was, after all, Elizza's 4th baby and she just wanted simple, PRACTICAL gifts. And that's what we had: diapers, n.i.p.p.l.e.s for baby bottles, a bath tubm lotion, baby wash. The smalle things that people normally DO NOT give during baby showers or baptism, but moms usually WANT and NEED so that we don't have to go out and get them.

Stella and Zhar did a wonderful job on the sprinkle games, too. I learned new stuff, too! Yay! And the best part...I beat Rondic in this game of identifying theme songs from TV shows. Yes, TELEVISION. Me! I normally don't watch a lot of tv but this game was fun...especially when Randy was tallying the points. Hehehehe. :) That made my night!

{SCRAPS OF MAMA}
I did a couple of layouts today using the new kit of Amy Bleser and Traci Reed called Dirt Loves Boys. I loved how they turned out:


It's been a while since I've done any 2-pagers, but these pics were too good to resist! Hehehe.
Credits for the layouts can be found here and here.

{OTHER LAYOUTS}
I don't know where I left off uploading other layouts, but what I DO know is that I'm pretty much caught up on my CT requirements, thank goodness! It's a lot of fun, but if I don't do a little at a time, then I'm dead meat! hehehe. It's a bit hard trying to catch up on everything, so I've told myself that I didn't need that extra stress, so I'm going to be doing a LO or two per day.

And it's worked! So far; knock on wood. These awesome sketches that the designers are coming up with make my scrapping life TOTALLY EASIER! Yes, yes, yes! And a bonus? I volunteered over at Heather Heinzer's blog to get her sketches ahead of everyone else so that she can post the layout/s I do on her blog! More work, yes, but remember, I'm using her sketches which really make it easier to scrap. Besides, it's more exposure for me as a scrapper, not to mention the fact that I am cutting into my stash of older pics in a major way. So there!

This should be good for now. The kids have exams tomorrow and we are studying. Ok, well, THEY'RE studying, LOL! But time to give some upbeat speech of how exams are good practice for what they've learned, etc etc etc.

That's all.

3 comments:

Elizza said...

awesome awesome awesome! LOVE all your layouts! of course, i am your biggest fan! :D but how come most of your layouts' subject is ranger?! hmmmm.....hahaha! great job again, as usual!

and....thanks for organizing my "sprinkle". it might be my 4th, but it was a lot of fun! :D

Olivia Dizon said...

Congrats on winning the sketch contest Te!!! And what lovely giveaways for Lai's shower! :-)
Is ranger your babe and fave? hehehe...

Keela said...

OH!!! I loved your layout that you did with Gina's sketch! Congrats on winning! :)