Monday, December 01, 2008

Cyber Monday and A Painting Job

If it was Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving, it's Cyber Monday today. A relatively new term, it simply signifies that people here in the States still go to work after their long weekend, but still shop.....ONLINE.....while at work. Or something like that.

No matter what the definition of Cyber Monday is, but there have been tons of online sales going on! No, I didn't quite give in, as for the most part I was in the hospital with Dad....and there's no wi-fi there, PHOOEY! Hmp!

I did order crocs online. Again. I know, I know. But the kids (and moi!) really really need crocs! It's almost always on our feet every single day. Except Rogan now, since I forbade him to wear crocs to school; he plays soccer in them, without socks to boot! The result? Crocs that are totally torn in the middle, there's no way they can be worn again! Grrr. Only Rogan. I should take a photo and send it to crocs or something. Sheesh! *roll eyes here*

Anyhoo, things are going great with Dad. The doctors seem to think he is ready to be transferred to a rehab hospital, much closer to home. Apparently, this is a place where the therapists teach their patients to care for themselves, so much so that when they go home, they are pretty much independent and can do things for themselves most of the time! Cool!

Anyway, Mom spent the day with Dad today while I moseyed on over to the Van Gogh house to finally get a chance to do my room. Stella and I partnered to do my room while Dic, Randy and Aguila worked together to finish up Dic's room.

I taped the edges of the room, prepping it to be painted. Stella did the caulking; she's a pro by now, hehehehe! She also lined the carpet with plastic liners to prevent paint from spilling onto the carpet. By the time we were ready to paint (and Stella to caulk), the room was looking nice and spiffy....quite NEAT actually! Compare that to the room the boys were doing---bed parts all over the floor, and old comforters and sheets strewn all over the place! Hehehehe.

Anyway, I started painting the edging of one wall. There was only time for one wall (edging) because it was sundown and we could barely see anything anymore. Stupid power hadn't been connected! Grrrr! Such a waste of time! And we totally could have finished the whole room tonight if only we had had some light!

The boys didn't finish their room either since they ran out of paint. Oh, I learned something new today! You shouldn't wash your paintbrush with water because it will harden. The trick is to put the paintbrush (with some leftover paint on it, yes) in a plastic bag and stick it in the refrigerator until you're ready to use again. Randy and Stella said (they learned it from Alex) that when you're ready to use the paintbrush again, it is still soft and maleable and can be dipped into the paintbucket! Is that a cool fact to learn or what?!!! You sure learn something new everyday! :)

I did these pages yesterday (didn't get around to posting them since the intermittent connection here is driving me crazy!!!!):

RANGER & PINECONES



Here's one that I forgot to post:

CHRISTMAS DRESSES 2007

Ok, gotta sleep....I want to be at the Van Gogh house bright and early....just in case the power won't be connected tomorrow (or it will at a later time), I want to maximize the sunlight and finish painting the room!!!

Wish me luck! :)

No comments: