Sunday, December 17, 2006

What a Trip.....and...I'm FAMOUS!

{TRIP TALES}

Sigh! Traveling on a plane for 12 hours with a bum back and leg is definitely NOT something I would recommend to anyone. I've been telling Japa to give me childbirth ANYTIME over what I have now. Argh!

Anyway, for most of the plane ride to the States, I was alternating between sleeping, stretching my leg, crying, standing, stretching. It wasn't all that awful, but it wasn't exactly the best conditions to be while traveling to the States. The trip that normally doesn't seem like such a long time became totally arduous at best. Sigh!

Add that to the fact that we had seven kids with us: Reese, Rielle, Raegan, Rogan, Raine, Riley and Ranger. Ages from 2 to 9. Hehehe. You don't even need a vivid imagination to just KNOW that we were in for a wild ride, to say the least.

The best part though? The kids were zonked out from the very beginning....and I didn't even have to give them cold medicine! Yup, yup! We had barely left the ground when practically all of them went to sleep! Only Reese and Raegan were a little bit awake for dinner.

Obviously, Reese was ultra-disappointed with the airline's child meal. Note to self: call the airline to request that my kids NOT be given the child's meal.....it it just NOT enough to satisfy hunger! Sheesh! Anyway, since the other kids weren't going to be eating, I ate their spaghetti and gave Reese my dinner which had the all-important ingredient: R.I.C.E. hehehe.

{IMMIGRATION}

I could literally FEEL everyone's eyes on Japa and me as we moved through the line with all 7 (yes, SEVEN!) kids. Hehehehe. I just knew they were sizing us up and at the very least thinking to themselves that we had too many kids, and that they were born one after the other! Hahahaha! If they only knew!

To make matters even more confusing, all the kids were calling us Papa and Mama...not even Tita or Tito, or Ninang or Ninong. Hehehe. Those poor people; what must they be thinking!

Another thought struck me as the immigration officer asked me a simply worded question while pointing to Rielle: "Is she your daughter?" I answered that she, along with Reese and Riley were my brother's kids. But I was thinking...OMGosh! This guy thinks that I have MY own kids while Japa had his own kids and we got married, etc. etc. etc. WHAT?!?! Cheaper by the Dozen Part 3 or something?!?!?!? Hahahahaha! No wonder we didn't have any problems at all! Hehehehe.

{THE FAMOUS PART}

Why am I famous? Check out these links:

Gina Miller's Blog: Live, Laugh, Love
DST Thread
Guest/Team Inspiration at GMD

Scroll down to the part where we show off our layouts and you'll see at the very bottom, the 2-page spread I made using Gina's Classique Kit. Pics are from Mom's 60th Birthday in Hawaii, when we all surprised her BIG time!

For a closer look at those pages:

_____
As always, click on the layouts to see the credits.

{ANOTHER FAMOUS PART...}

Check out the RAKS' December Newsletter, fresh off the presses. Click HERE or HERE to get it and view it. Then scroll to pages 10 and 11 I think, where you will see in "print" a couple of layouts showcasing our wonderful Formal Thanksgiving dinner :)

DOING HIS OWN THING


HOT! HOT! HOT!


BEAUTY IS POWER


Gotta go.....I have company!

TTFN!

No comments: