Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Longer Than Usual Drive

{NEW MEDS}

Picked up my steroid meds at Rite Aid. I had a feeling my dang leg KNEW that I was going to get some new meds.....it started acting up in a MAJOR way and was twisting this way and that! Sheesh! I swear, I could have chopped it off if I didn't know any better! Bum leg. Phooey!

{PACKING FOR CARLSBAD}

For the FIRST TIME in history, I did NOT pack a single thing for a trip. Dear Japa did it, with the help of the kids. Of course, it took a little bit longer than usual (hehehe) but I did NOT do anything except rest my back and leg. Nothing! The kids packed their own stuff, while Japa packed for the both of us, prepared some foodstuff that we were going to bring, AND stowed everything away in the van. Whoa!

Thank goodness I married such a guy, eh? I know he's going to be reading this sooner or later, so best not to go all mushy and all *wink!* Hehehe. He knows I love him.....but he's gotta be thinking that I am totally taking advantage of him right now, with my leg and all. *huge grin here* Teehee!

I do try and help, but most of the time he just shoos me away and tells me to stay put. When I don't feel like it, I don't, obviously. Or when he's sick and tired of doing everything else, he doesn't bother telling me to NOT do anything. Hehehehe. We know each other too well, I think.

Anyhoo, I still did the driving into Carlsbad. For some reason, I feel more secure driving in the States...especially with the kids in the van. :)

After about an hour driving, I felt really really sleepy. I told Japa we had to stop just so I could catnap; a 5-minute catnap would do wonders for my system. He couldn't spell me at the wheel because he was feeling sleepy as well. So we stop at the parking lot of a Yum Yum Donut place, hehehehe. Of course, he HAD to get a whole BOX of donuts....which we practically demolished and inhaled 3/4 of. Aaargh! But the chocolate covered donuts were totally yummy!

So after our little merienda, we took of for Carlsbad and got there in close to an hour's time.

Unpacking? Didn't do anything. Japa had the kids do it, as I was in pain from the long drive. I just rested a bit while everyone else unpacked. I did make myself useful by loading and running the dishwasher, so I wasn't a total bum.

After Japa had had a short nap as well, off we went to one of our fave restaurants as a family: the SOUPLANTATION!!! Yay! The kids were excited for sure, and we were looking forward to having a grrrrreat meal!

And a great meal we had! Even Ranger enjoyed snacking on corn kernels, macaroni and cheese, and chicken noodle soup. The kids feasted on clam chowder, mac and cheese, pizza and of course soft serve and muffins galore.

However, the Souplantation isn't as cheap as it used to be. For the 6 of us (2 adults, 3 kids between 6-12, and a baby), we spent $40! Sheesh! Considering the amount we ate though, this wasn't TOO bad. But it wasn't cheap either. But hey, we all had a grand time stuffing ourselves from the variety of food!

We got to the Palisades pretty late. Since my leg was aching so badly, Japa drew up a steaming, HOT bath and I soaked in it. Ahhhhhhhh.........bliss! :)

No comments: