Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Day of Sleep

Oh yes. Sleep. That's what I've been doing the whole day. I'm not exactly sure WHY I've been sleeping the whole day; chalk it up to any or all of the following factors:

1. I really am sleep deprived, sleeping in the wee hours of the morning the past few days
2. the pain killers I've been on make me sleepy
3. I was really pooped from the kids' Christmas Bazaar and Harana Night last night

I woke up at 10:30 am!!! Egads!!! I haven't done that in a loooooong time!!! Sheesh! Half the day right there, already gone. Ugh. (I did mention that I am a morning person, right?). Anyway, when I woke up, I felt totally stiff, and my back and leg felt they had twisted muscles inside. So since then, it's been heat packs and pain killers the whole time.

It's 7 pm now and it's STILL the same! Aaaargh!!! I hate it when I can't do anything productive (except scrap of course, hehehe). Even scrapping actually, has slowed down considerably. I find myself scrapping and then in the middle of a layout, I'd lay my head right down and doze off! Weird, huh? If anyone out there know what the problem is, I'm all ears!

{CHRISTMAS BAZAAR & HARANA NIGHT}

The kids' Christmas Bazaar last night was a huge success! It was held at Eastwood, since the school grounds were just waaay too small for the number of expected people. Despite the bigger venue though, it was mighty crowded last night! There were press people as well, as they were invited to the official launching of the school's project, M.I. Kids Can!

The project calls for the school's kids to make products. All profits from products sold will be turned over to Bahay Mapagmahal, a home for children with special needs. Definitely a worthy cause, and all the children were so INTO the making, the marketing and the selling of whatever it wa they made!

I got a lot of stuff, considering the number of people there:

1. 4 sets of beaded napkin rings --- these were my BEST buy of the night! I hung out at the Prep table just before 5 pm. The kids were instructed NOT to sell before 5 pm, and they totally refused buyers before that time! Hehehe.

2. 5 bags of brownies --- again from the Prep table. Yummy, chewy. Reese dug in once it hit her hands, hehehe. Delicioso!

3. 2 bottles of Linen Spray --- boy, I was THE buyer at the Prep table, for sure!
4. 1 Fortune Pillow --- Grade 2
5. 1 CD clock with the face painted by Raegan --- which isn't working very properly now :(
6. Pizza rolls --- tried these out, and gave some to Rogan who was getting very hungry
7. 2 boxes of Chocolate Flakes --- yummy, too!

I wasn't able to get the beaded bookmarks I was eyeing, as well as the handmade paper-covered journals from Rogan's class which I helped the kids make! I felt bad about not getting anything that Rogan made, but I didn't have a lot of time because I was rushing to get the stuff I really REALLY wanted. I had made a pre-opening round of all the products and mentally marking what I had to have. Maybe teacher Kitkat still has some left; will find out tomorrow.

{HARANA NIGHT}

The traditional program performed after the Bazaar. Raine's class was first, with their dance number of We're Happy Happy Helpers and Santa's shop. My child was easily the BIGGEST in their class. No question. She was at the back, and I could still see her head and shoulders clearly! Hehehehe. Everyone else was just tiny! They all looked so cute though!

Rogan's class played Rudolph, the red-nosed Reindeer with the traditional anklu. The highlight? Rogan was Santa (for the 3rd year in a row, I think!) and he got up to act out his part with Kiel, who was Rudolph. Then they sat right down to play the rest of the song. hehehe. That was it.

Raegan's Grade 2 class had THE best and liveliest performance in my opinion. They were the 9th to perform and after Raine's class' dance number, the majority of the classes played the anklu or just sang. So Raegan's class was a welcome respite. They dance to a medley of fun Christmas songs. AND, Teacher Tess, who was so tiny, she blended in with the rest of her class, also danced! So people were screaming and cheering for her and the kids. Totally fun!

Obviously, we left right after Raegan's performance....I couldn't wait to see the rest of the program because my leg was in absolut h.e.l.l.! It was all I could to sit still for Raegan's number!

As we were getting ready to leave, all the parents of our class were gushing that "ours" was THE BEST number ever! And Teacher Tess dancing was an added bonus. Hehehehe.

{DINNER}

The kids wanted to go out to dinner SO BAD. But I told them I really really couldn't, that I had to go home to lie down. So we had a compromise: KFC. Hehehe. We bought a bucket, went home. I went straight to the room, the kids to the dining room to have dinner. All in all, it was a good night :)

{SCRAPS OF MAMA}
THE LEI
I found pictures from March of this year on my old Compact Flash card. This was during the time we wanted to surprise Mom for her 60th birthday, and we all flew in to Honolulu to do it. So expect some pics from that time to show up in my next few layouts! :)

TTFN!

No comments: