Friday, October 13, 2006

What A Day!!!

Tiring and FULL day today.....

In the morning, I got up early to finish my layout for the Philippine Digiscrappers site. I've been introduced as the Guest Darer for the week. I choose a challenge, the admins give a prize, I choose the winner. Fun, but a bit stressful, hehehe. In my case, I was given Full Crush, a beautiful kit by the talented Dani Mogstad.

For the Guest Darer Challenge, I opted to do an Ad-Inspired layout. I used this ad here:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting and came up with this:

Isn't it CUTE? It's a layout of all my babies the DAY they turned TWO. I really like how it turned out, I'm thinking of doing such a page for every year! What do you think? Credits here.

Next to their respective picture is a little piece of paper with a description of my adorable toddler at that age. It was pretty fun reminiscing, and even more fun to see all of them side by side.

Obviously, the picture with the greatest clarity is that of Ranger's. What can I do - he was born during the digital age! The rest I had to look through the albums and then scan.

Yes! I got a scanner! Finally! It's the Colorpage Slim 1200 USB2. Plug and play, single pass. Love it! The best thing is that I just plug that little thingy into my USB port and voila! Scanning capability. No wires, no sockets. Just the scanner and my laptop and me.

That took the greater part of the morning.

Then I had to rush to the hospital for my first day of PHYSICAL THERAPY. Ahhhh......the drama continues.....

{BACK PAIN DRAMA, Chapter 4}

What I thought was going to be an hour's therapy turned out to be close to TWO hours of pain and relief. Started with an ultrasound on my back. Uhm....didn't really feel a tingling sensation during the ultrasound, but I'm pretty sure it did what it was supposed to do: relax my back muscles.

Then there was the session with the Tense. These little electrodes of current were put on my back, with a very warm compress on top of them. I could control the current going through and after the first 5 minutes of getting used to the current, I slowly cranked the little gadget up to close to it's maximum, hehehehe. All I can say is......aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Then the HELLISH part of it all: the "exercises". Am I my father or what?!?! Hahahahaha! Anyway, this part of the therapy was a bunch of stretching exercises. And let me tell you, it really was very painful!!! So painful, that the PT girl decided to let me do just 3 of the 6 exercises.

I couldn't stretch very well because of the pain in my right leg. It really hurt with almost every stretch position. The worse was when I was told to sit down with my legs straight out in front of me. Let me tell you, it was all I could do from SCREAMING the whole damn place down! Not done there yet. After that pathetic attempt, I was told to bend my then-throbbing RIGHT leg over my left....which was fine because I was supporting my whole body with my arms. Well of course I was told to take my hands away from the cot......and almost fell on this itty bitty PT girl! Hehehehehe. It COULD be quite funny, now that you think about it, but it wasn't THEN. But you guys should have SEEN the expression on her face: panicky, alarmed, scared to death I'd probably crush her thin body with my huge one. Hehehehe.

{PTC}

Needless to say, I underestimated my time at the hospital and was late for Riley's PTC. Good thing I had the cellphone number of his teacher and rescheduled for a later time.

Got home at close to 2 pm, and was about to sit down and enjoy a plate of spaghetti when my cellphone beeped with a text message. Riley's teachers were free at that very instant and had a block of time free. It HAD to be at that precise instant, huh?

Anyway, I jumped back up and hobbled to the car. Thank God I Rani to drive me around today! We rushed to school, and made it! Whew!

Lai, if you're reading this, I will email you Riley's write up.

{PORTFOLIO NIGHT....again....the LAST ONE}

You read that right! It was Raegan's turn to have her portfolio night tonight. And she performed very well, thank you very much!

After the PTC, went back home, and was able to relax for an hour or so. Then I had to get ready for the LAST Portfolio Night of the semester! Whoohoo!!!

I have pictures of course, which I will share here by way of layouts :)

This was the longest Portfolio Night of all, but it a very good one. The parents of this class were smart; instead of bringing potluck separately, we all donated about P300 each and had our "potluck" dinner catered by Albergus! Hehehehe.

Of course, the kids - Raegan, Rogan, Raine, Reese and Rielle - went NUTS when they saw BARBECUES!!!! I think this is their new favorite food. Rielle took 4 or 5 sticks in the first pass alone!!!! I have a feeling that the kids love going to Portfolio Nights BECAUSE of the food, especially the ever-present barbecue!

I'm back at home, blogging. It's close to 9 pm and I've had a very FULL day. My back (and leg) are finally doing okay. I went without a cane to Portfolio Night and did fine. Sitting down in front of the computer, and I feel fine. So far ;)

TTFN!

1 comment:

Olivia Dizon said...

Hi Te!!! Continuously praying for your recovery... Hang in there. You're a tough woman. I'm sure you'll beat the pain... All in due time...

Thanks for the birthday greetings!!! :-)