Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am such a BAD Blogger :(

Yup. Bad blogger. That's me. Apologies to my faithful readers.....the few, the proud. Hahahahaha. Seriously, thanks to Stella, Zhar, Elizza, Randy and of course Japa, for telling me they actually MISS reading stuff on my blog! :)

Anyway, I'll try to play catch up. A LOT of MAJOR stuff has been happening since I last blogged, and I don't want to miss anything...or anyone!

HOLY COW! I just looked at my blog, and not counting the post on me getting tagged, I have NOT blogged in more than a MONTH!!!!! Bad, bad, totally bad!!!!

Okay, major SEPTEMBER EVENTS: (and, dear readers, please leave me a comment if I left something out!)

9 September ---> Avic's Debut. She celebrated her 18th birthday in Jamaican style at the Crowne Plaza. I stressed a bit on the dang outfits for the kids and for Japa and me. Since I am a true, innovative crafter, i.e., cheapskate! hehehehe, I improvised somewhat and told Nora what to sew. For the girls, including myself, I had Nora sew strips of ruffl-y cloth in red, yellow and green. I then attached these ruffles to plain black shirts I got for the girls. Thank goodness I had a plain black blouse with ruffled sleeve-ends. For the boys and Japa, I had Nora sew a polo shirt using different colors for the different sections of the shirt. We looked pretty SNAZZY, if I do say so myself!


MUST have a separate entry and special mention for the PERFORMANCE of the kids at Avic's debut. They danced to High School Musical's "Together"and they were just plain FANTASTIC!
Tita Tinggoy had their outfits made, and true to form, the kids stuck to the HSM look faithfully and were very particular about desribing their respective outfits to Lola Nora. Too funny. They danced mahvelously and were so cute!

10 September --> Baby Shower for Boydee and Bang. This was pretty fun. We stuck to the "usual" people, plus a few good friends. I was mistress of ceremonies and cooked up some pretty unique games, if I do say so myself. Hehehehe. The trivia games were definitely educational, especially the part where we had to identify the babies of animals. But one of the better and more HILARIOUS game was the tissue paper baby ensemble. This layout on the right proves it, too! (Sorry Rod! Hahahahaha!)


13 September --> Dad's 65th Birthday! We celebrated by going to Spirals at the Philippine Plaza. Yummy food, too much eaten as usual. Hehehehe. We had a whole function room and then spilled over with a couple of tables outside.

23 September -->The kids had an informal meet. The Ayala Heights Harpoon vs Quezon City Sports Club. Not sure who won the meet, but the kids did well. I have pictures, but no layouts yet, so I won't post anything here for now. Achievements:

Raegan - gold in freestyles, silver in butterfly, silver in backstroke.

Rogan - I'm not sure of his standing overall in his age group, but he came in either 2nd or 3rd in his heat for freetyle, butterfly, and backstroke.

Raine - silver in freestyle, silver or bronze in the butterfly, and silver in backstroke.

Reese - came in first in her heat, which included Rielle, Raine and a swimmer from QCSC. I'm still not sure why she wasn't put in her age group.

Rielle - poor girl was dead last in all events :(. The saddest part was that she was crying towards the end. I told her that she still had to practice to get stronger and do better in the future. I think she understood and was okay afterwards. I was glad that the other kids didn't tease her about not placing in the heat. Sportsperson like conduct from all of them, thank goodness!

A funny thing to note: when Rogan was swimming his butterfly event, he of course spaced out and struck out doing the freestyle for 10 meters before he frigging finally realized that he was supposed to be doing the butterfly!!!! Aaaargh!!!! My space cadet! :)

24 and 25 September --> Riley's birthday celebrations. Swimming party at La Vista. Just the "usual" crowd. :) Which is totally better and cheaper!!!! than having a full-blown party or eating at a restaurant! Thank goodness we're getting wiser to these birthday parties. The following day, Riley celebrated at school where he also had cake and spaghetti and fried chicken. Again, I have pictures but no layouts yet to share. Besides, Elizza will take care of the layouts....once I can upload the pictures for her! hehehehe.

27 September --> Rainforest Cafe of the Prep, Raine's class. This was a pretty good fundraising activity for the kids. The parents donated food and the kids sold them at school. In 35 minutes flat, we were able to sell EVERYTHING!!!! Believe it or not! :)

28 September --> The storm, Milenyo, wreaked havoc at the office. The window to the Records Room was shattered, and everything inside that room was soaked, including computers and printers!!!! Aaaaaaargh!!!!! Not to mention our documents!!!! The rest of the office was flooded, except for the Girls' office and the office of Mario and Oel. What a nightmare! No electricity (and internet!!!) for the next 2 days. So of course we slept at La Vista :)

And last, but not the least, oh no, NOT the least.......

29 September --> Randy and Stella are ENGAGED!!!!!! Whoohoohooooooo!!!!! Proposal at Twin Hearts Church and then breakfast afterwards at Crowne Plaza. More about this when I have layouts to show off :) But CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you!!!

WHEW!!!!! And that's that! All updated!!!

1 comment:

Olivia Dizon said...

hi Te! finally, an updated blog!!! :-) something to read for us :-) thanks for organizing the fun, fun, fun shower. My fave game was the changing the doll contest... That was hilarious and challenging!!! :-)

congratulations to Randy and Stella!!! Welcome to the family Stel!!! and the sisterhood! :-)