Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hong Kong Recap

Ok, time to do a recap of our trip to Hong Kong.

First of all, it was HOT and HUMID. Totally hot and humid! I don't think ANYTHING could compare to how hot and sticky we all were the whole time we were in Hong Kong! hehehe, I exaggerate not! So ...... hot and humid plus some slight showers. Sigh!

But all in all, it was a good time to just be with family. Just us...Japa, me, and the kids. And Yaya B of course :) Although, I must say this now: having the kids along somehow made it seem that we had NO time to go shopping. Well, not just shopping, but no time to do anything at all BUT be with the kids and the activities that they wanted to do!

But I digress.....let's move on to the recap, which I'm sure you ALL want to hear :)

{AUGUST 25}
We left Manila on the 8 am flight. Thank goodness we were able to get the early flight. This way, the whole day wouldn't be such a waste. The flight was uneventful except for the couple of times Raine threw up. TWO times, I say! The first time she barfed on part of her seat; she was lucky she barely got any on me! Heheehe :) Anyway, I pretty much knew WHEN she was about to blow, so I had the barf bags at the ready.

Oh, and before I forget, take note that before throwing up, Raine had eaten some breakfast at home. Right after she threw up, she was ready to eat the breakfast that was served on the plane. Halfway through, she threw up everything she ate. Then proceeded to eat the rest of her food.

Sigh! Normal behavior for all my kids, I tell you.

So we get to Hong Kong and find out that we had to pay HK$200 extra just to get on the stupid shuttle bus that would take us to the hotel. So we decided that I was going to get on the Airport Express with Raine and check us in early at the hotel. Smartest move ever. I paid an extra HK$50 to put more money in my Octopus Card to get on the Airport Express. Raine's fare was FREE because the MTR had a promo for the month! Yipppppeeeeee!!!!

We get to the Holiday Inn and we were able to score CONNECTING rooms! How sweet is that! Hehehe. Totally easier if you have kids with you!

Lunch was at Fat Angelo's. Practically right next to the hotel. Ahhhhhh......need I say any more?

We spent the whole afternoon at the SCIENCE MUSEUM. It was the BEST thing we did while at Hong Kong. There were a lot of exhibits...some to look at, but MOST were HANDS-ON!!! Yeah! The coolest museum ever! The kids totally enjoyed their time there. In hindsight, I wish we had reserved a whole day to go to the museum. Next time we know.

Pictures to follow, I guess, although I'd much rather show them off in layouts :)

Dinner was at the hotel room since we were all bone-tired from the flight and all.

That was the end of the first day :)

2 comments:

Corina said...

Can I just say Im glad it ain't me and my kids in Hong Kong... what a terrible site that would be! I'd be complaining ALL day and night! Anywho... the museum sounds great... as long as it was air conditioned!

tabbylewis said...

HEY there! Guess what???? Youv'e been tagged. LOL ;0) Go to my blog and read the rules.