Thursday, June 22, 2006

Scrappin' Roll!

Yup. Pretty productive day today, scrapping-wise. I finally finished ALL 40 days ---and layouts!---for Divine Digital's 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose. It was an exciting journey; I learned a lot about myself while doing this whole album. It was sort of like an All About Me album, but more in depth, I guess. A lot of journaling, of musing, of asking myself questions. This is definitely to be printed and put in an album all by itself.

MY SCRAPS
{Circles of Life}Journaling reads: Wife - A happy wife leads to a happy life!; Mama - Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. --- Lin Yutang; Daughter - Daughters are love coming from the mother vine.; Sister - I smile because I'm your sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.; Scrapbooker - We spend all day making memories, and I spend all night scrapping them!; Legacy Leaver - What survives is the memories.

Credits: kit - Fresh start by Dianne Rigdon at Shabby Elements; circle stitches - Round and Round by Dani Mogstad at SBB; fonts - Chiquita Banana, Arial Narrow


{Diary of A Divine Scrapbooking Diva}
Quote by Twyla Tharp reads: "Creativity requires quite a lot of faith-not just in yourself
but also in the knowledge that you have the right to proceed, even when you may not know exactly what you're doing. You also need to have faith that life is composed not of alien
or segregated elements but of related components. Creativity comes from having an inquisitive mind, from being easily bored, from wanting to challenge the status quo. It comes from people who look for alternatives."

Credits: kit - Love Lines Collection: Cherish by Royanna Fritschmann; bookplate - Love Lines Collection: Forever by Royanna Fritschmann; brads - Love Lines Collection: Keys to My Heart by Royanna Fritschmann; tiara - La Diva by Kim Smith at Scrappin Digi Kreations; fonts - Chiquita Banana, Arial Narrow


{Hawaii...Eden}
Journaling reads: We had so much fun in Hawaii. We spent several hours, several days, on the BEACH. We didn’t care about the rain or the sun. What mattered was that we were having fun TOGETHER.

Credits: kit - Summer Sass-Beach by Royanna Fritschmann; font - Beach Type

* * *
My day was pretty uneventful. Had a meeting with Teacher Tess, Raegan's teacher. She asked what my purpose was for the "meeting". I told her that I wasn't sure who she was, and I wanted to meet her. She seemed pretty straightforward, a teacher who loves books (Yeah!), and one who encourages her students to choose reading for quiet choice time. She has even arranged a Reading Corner in her classroom! Cool! She was glad that I dropped by to talk to her. Apparently, not a lot of parents take time to do this.

Did some grocery shopping. Wracked up P15,000 in grocery bills. Sigh! Oh well. This should last until after I get back from the States!

I think I'm going to turn in. Gasp! Shockwaves!!! It's only 10 pm! But I am pooped and really sleepy. Mom called me at 130 am to tell me that Lola Hermie died at 1 pm yesterday. Told her I knew; Dad wants ALL of us to go to Bacolod for the wake/funeral, but I told Mom that Boydee and Rondic were making arrangements already. I'm not exactly sure how old Lola Hermie was when she died, but if I remember correctly, she had just celebrated her 92nd or 93rd birthday last year. Somewhere around there. May her soul rest in peace.

Good night!

No comments: