Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Lenten Season Starts

Yup. It's time for prayer, sacrifice and alms-giving; a time for fasting and abstinence. See, I listen to the homily!

Seriously, every Lent, I've traditionally sacrificed something...like not eating rice, or meat, not swearing --- which, by the way, was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to do!

So this year, I'm thinking of:
1. Giving up meat, including Chicken
2. Giving up rice, but I may allow myself to eat a little bit of rice for dinner
3. TRYING to not shout and cuss....I will need help on this, God!

So there you have it. It's in black and white. And as I type here and look at my list....I think I'm in for a not-so-easy Lenten season.

Japa and I woke up early to be able to take Raegan to mass at 630 am at Pentecost. We attended mass, got our ashes, and just made it to school in time for Raegan's class. :) I'm glad Raegan has seriously joined in on the sacrifice bit...last year, she gave up catsup, I think. This year, she has decided to give up gravy. This is going to be a bit hard for her since she just LOVES gravy, especially with her chicken! But I'm proud of her for doing this.

Also, Raegan has tried to follow abstinence as well. After swimming, at Ayala, she calls me to tell me that kids under 14 don't have to follow the abstinence rule. And I told her that yes, I know, but it would be nice if she could TRY to follow it. She tells me in a sort of panicky voice, "But we have ADOBO!!!" Hehehe. I told her she can have adobo for lunch the following day, but to TRY to abstain from having it.

What did my little girl do? She had noodles for dinner. Now isn't that a proud-mommy moment?

Anyhoo, gotta get back to showing off my scraps:

{SCRAPS OF MAMA}
BEAUTIFUL WORLD
The kids, after a few hours of playing in the SNOW for the very first time.

Credits: kit - Sweet Nothings from the Muted Memories Collection by Rose Farver at The Digi Shoppe; word art - by Sue Cummings from the (52) Inspirations collaboration of Sue Cummings, Vickie Stegall and Lauren Reid at OScraps; date stamp - by Paula Duncan at Sweet Shoppe Designs; font - Arial Narrow



FATHER LEO
Journaling reads: At cousin Robyn's baptism, Fr. Leo officiated, as usual. He was also the one who baptized Raegan in 1998. Although Raegan has grown into a beautiful young lady, Fr. Leo has remained the same---a few more wrinkles maybe, but still the same soft-spoken favorite priest of ours.

Credits: kit - Grunge Love by Jessica Dixon at The Daily Scrap; flower stickers - by Gina Miller; sticker frame, date - Stick 'em Up by Manda Bean at SSD; tag, index card - Journaling Bits by LaWanna Desjardin at DSD; fonts - My Own Topher, Kookalicious; layered sketch - Stepping Stones 3 by Heather Heinzer at SBE



LITTLE THINGS
Journaling reads:
It's the little things that matter....
...like a heartfelt HUG between sisters.
...like a kiss during “Peace be with you” in church
...like a smile, a thank you, a please
...like a toothy, cheeky litte grin
...like a shared giggle.
...like an “I love you, sister dear”.

Credits: kit - Days Gone By from the Muted Memories Collection by Rose Farver at The Digi Shoppe; chalk frames - by Sue Cummings; word art - by Sue Cummings from {52} Inspirations collaboration with Vickie Stegall and Lauren Reid at Oscraps; glitter graph notes - by Gina Miller; element cluster - Cluster Fun by Nina's designs at ndisb and Oscraps; lacy edge photo border action - by Terry Maruca; layered sketch - Valentine Special by Nina's Designs at ndisb and Oscraps; fonts - LD Whatever, Orlando, Porcelain



"J" IS FOR JUMP
Raegan jumping during a dance for a school Christmas program last year. Her teacher told the class not to jump so high so as not to miss a beat in the music, but she jumped away, lol, AND didn't miss a thing! Glad I took a pic!

Credits: kit - Positively Patterned by Betsy Tuma at SOTB; arrow - Stained Shapes by Eve Recinella at SSD; word art - Just Be You Birdie Bits by Audrey Neat at The Lily Pad; stamped alpha - by Michelle Coleman; layered sketch - Aa to Zz Vol.2 by Betsy Tuma at SOTB; fonts - Arial, KGD Joanne



'MALLOWS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE
Credits: cardboard - Disheveled by Shawna Clingerman at SSD; paper strips - Cosmic Space by Eve Recinella at SSD; sticker frame, month, year - Stick 'Em Up Frames by Manda Bean at SSD; red paper - Sassy Pink by Meredith Fenwick; strip template - by Kimberly Geswein; tear - by Kim Hill; flourish - Scraps of Art by Krista Moore; beads - Hot Cocoa and Warm Mittens by Gina Miller and Meredith Fenwick; felt Santa - by Yvette Sanders; doodled alpha - by Kate Hadfield; fonts - the King and Queen, KGD Bee, KGD Chele

scraplifted Gina Miller's Hoodie


TTFN!


No comments: