Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February Round Up

My February 2007 Round Up

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I still have Sudoku on my nightstand. Making progress with it.....doing the Medium puzzles and totally leaving the Easy ones unanswered! :)

I also have a copy of Simple Scrapbooks on my nightstand....it's still unopened, in it's plastic bag. Hehehe. Somehow, with the advent of digiscrapping, I rarely open my CK or SS mags anymore, much less buy them!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We didn't get to watch any movies this month. I would rather NOT go and sit in a theater for 2 hours. My back will pay for it the following day if I do. Not much TV either, come to think of it. When I get home, I usually lay down on my tummy and scrap until the wee hours of the morning.

I have enjoyed watching a few Nick Jr. shows with Ranger. His favorites include The Wonder Pets, the Backyardigans, Dora, Diego, and Lazy Town. As for the other kids, I know I hear Pokemon and the Fairly Oddparents blaring in the background when I am scrapping. They've also gotten to watching this relatively new show on TeeNick. I forget the title of the TV show, but it does feature the younger sister of Britney Spears. Go figure *shrug*

What special days did I celebrate and how?

February 3 -
Rielle's birthday. She turned 9 this month. Looking at her though, you'd think she was 6 or 7 because of her small stature.

February 14 - For the first time ever, as far as I can remember, we celebrated Valentine's Day in style. We had a catered, sit-down dinner at the 20th floor of the Malayan Plaza in Ortigas. Randy had arranged to reserve the whole floor and had it set up to accommodate all of us, including Mom and Dad. Boydee and Bang weren't there, as they are usually in Cebu helping out at the Chateau, Bang's family's restaurant. Dinner at the Malayan Plaza was cooked by RJ. Decorations were done by Stella and Elizza, including a photo corner of course. Rodney and Rondic were in charge of the menu.

February 15 - Reese's 10th birthday. We had dinner at Teriyaki Boy to celebrate.

February 18 - Kung Hei Fat Choi! Happy Chinese New Year! We welcome the year of the Pig.

February 21 - Lent starts with Ash Wednesday. We got our ashes early in the morning so Raegan could make class and swimming. My sacrifice for this year? I'm giving up beef and chicken. I will NOT swear (the heavy swear words at least). I will allow myself to eat SOME rice during the day, not going over 1 cup of rice. So fish and veggies it is, pretty much. Oh, and I have to watch what I say :)

February 24 - Bric was baptized at the Shrine. Reception was done in the crying room, catered by RJ Ungco. Well of course I was Ninang, seeing as I'm the only sister, and Bric was the first child of Boydee and Bang. Hehehe. I'm the godmother of ALL my brothers' first born. I don't expect this trend to be broken anytime soon....HINT! HINT!!!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

My back didn't improve or worsen this month. I can definitely sit down for longer periods of time, but I have to be ultra careful to stand up and stretch several times each hour so my leg and back wouldn't hurt. As it is though, I found myself staying longer at the office and consequently paying for it that same night and into the morning.

I did start YOGA this month. Bikram Yoga, that is. The super duper uber HOT kind. Like working out in a sauna! But after the first or second session, I felt my back improve.....I can stretch it out more, I can actually kneel down and sit back without feeling any pain.

Ranger was put on antibiotics this month for a bad cough/asthma. Hopefully he'll outgrow this soon.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Yoga, albeit HOT, was a fun, good workout done with Japa. We also had Rodney and Zhar join us, as well as Stella on our last session. It was nice to compare how and what we felt doing yoga, discussing the good and the bad points of Bikram Yoga with family.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Other than digital kits-that-I-don't-really-need-to-buy, nothing I don't think. I remember thinking that I should vastly curtail my expenses this month since we're STILL paying for purchases done over the holidays....not so sure if I was able to do that, but I think I've controlled myself. A bit. :)

What were this month's disappointments?

My back and leg aren't improving that much. Of course, with no physical therapy, I dare not think they'd improve, but still. Hehehe.

I was a bit disappointed that the kids didn't win at their respective Spelling/Math Bees, but I was proud of them for representing their classes!

Other than the ONE DVD I had burned as back up, I have NOT done any backing up this month! I have started to panic as I now have less than 10 gigabytes on my laptop's hard disk!!!

I also thought I was getting caught up on blogging, but somehow in the last few days of the month, I stopped blogging! Ack!

What were my accomplishments this month?

CT requirements done, on time.

I finished the album I started for Rogan's class, Where in the World is Grade 1-A? The best part of that presentation was when some girls squealed and thanked me for making them famous, hehehe. Oh, and the WONDER in this boy's voice when he told his teacher that he didn't remember visiting the Little Mermaid in Denmark (he was photoshop-ed in!).

I had TWO layouts picked for the PICK OF THE DAY at 3Scrapateers: The Bride and Tongue Twist. Additionally, Kristi McFadden over at SBB emailed me to ask me if they could include 'Mallows Roasting on an Open Fire in the March Ezine! Now how cool is that?!?!!!

Anything else noteworthy to record?

As mentioned, the kids represented their class in Spelling (Rogan and Raine) and Math (Raegan). They didn't win, but they bested 20 other kids to get to the final round!

We have begun to plan for Lola Nene's 88th birthday in June. If you know our family, this is a MAJOR MAJOR record for us, as we usually do things last minute *roll eyes up here*

February Layout Count: 45!

***End of Round Up***

No comments: