Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Benjamin Button:
"I was born under unusual circumstances." And so begins "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," adapted from the 1920s story by F. Scott Fitzgerald about a man who is born in his eighties and ages backwards: a man, like any of us, who is unable to stop time. We follow his story, set in New Orleans from the end of World War I in 1918, into the 21st century, following his journey that is as unusual as any man's life can be.
Japa and I finally got to see Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button. Beautifully, touching movie. Dramatic for sure, but with many lighthearted moments. Loved it, and would probably see it again if I had the time. I was surprised that it was close to 3 hours long, I was so engrossed in it. Brad Pitt was very very good here, as was Cate Blanchett. Classic? Most likely. :) Hmmm.....maybe I should look for the book? Probably more details.

* * *

We had lunch at Capricciocas, an Italian restaurant along Connecticut Avenue. Yummy food, everything we ordered was good. Unfortunately, I think my tummy is acting up, what with all the cheese and creamy sauces that I filled up on. Yuck. Oh well, you think I'll lose a few pounds? Hehehe. I sure hope so!

No comments: