Friday, June 20, 2008

An Intervew and (another) Movie

I went to meet Ditas of Baby Mag for an interview. A good friend and former teammate from Dragon Boat oh-so-many years ago, Anna Marco, had told Ditas about me when Ditas approached her in search of an athletic mom. Umm......yup. Athletic mom. I did tell Ditas via text that I was NOT an athletic mom, although I *was was was* athletic in the olden days! Heheheehe.

Well, I guess Ditas was looking for an athlete (former or still an athlete---whew!) who had kids. And apparently, Christine Jacobs and all the other famous mom/athletes were too used and written about, so there I was, at 2 pm, sipping a Mocha frap in a Starbucks booth, talking a mile a minute to Ditas.

And holy moly, I talked her ear off for 2 hours straight!!! Yikes! Hahahahahaa! I didn't know I had sooo much to say! :) And of course we had a discussion on raising kids, influences in parenting, and parenting styles. Stay tuned for the August edition, hehehe.

We met the kids at Eastwood to watch yet another movie. This is what, the 4th movie in the past week or so? Hehehe.

Maxwell Smart is on a mission to thwart the latest plot for world domination by the evil crime syndicate known as KAOS. When the headquarters of U.S. spy agency Control is attacked and the identities of its agents compromised, the Chief has no choice but to promote his ever-eager analyst Maxwell Smart, who has always dreamt of working in the field alongside stalwart superstar Agent 23. Smart is partnered instead with the only other agent whose identity has not been compromised: the lovely-but-lethal veteran Agent 99. As Smart and 99 get closer to unraveling KAOS' master plan--and each other--they discover that key KAOS operative Siegfried and his sidekick Shtarker are scheming to cash in with their network of terror. Given little field experience and even less time, Smart--armed with nothing but a few spy-tech gadgets and his unbridled enthusiasm--must defeat KAOS if he is to save the day.
Steve Carell was sooo hilarious! The whole movie was just so funny! It was great to see a revival of Get Smart; the tv show was one of my favorites evah! hehehe. The kids couldn't believe that it was a tv show from waaaaay before.....and that I knew it and watched it!

After the movie, the kids were hungry, so we went to Sweet Inspirations (again, hehehe) for a late dinner. Lai, Reese is beginning to love eating there, hehehe, and enjoys it a lot! So hey, a new fave restaurant which isn't expensive! Yeah!!! :)

I finished this page today:
ON EAGLE'S WINGS

TTFN!

No comments: