Thursday, December 27, 2007

And it's OVER

Well.....not quite over, but Christmas is done. Finished. Over. And I can rest. A bit. Major preparations are done and over with. Most major parties, the majority of gift wrapping, the stress. Almost over. We're over the hump and just a little bit more of gift wrapping frenzy left. Yes, and some shopping too, since I never had a chance to really go out and shop when practically the WHOLE family were in the States.

Don't get me wrong. I LOOOVE Christmas and the holidays. I usually thrive on the preparations and the general hustle and bustle of the season. But for some reason, everything just seemed to pile on me this year, which made it hard for me not to enjoy the holidays thoroughly. Maybe a lot of it has to do with my family not being in OUR home---I'm sure that would have been a major improvement and a stress-beater in the sense that I could have done all my wrapping a whole lot earlier.

No, it wouldn't have worked if I had wrapped in La Vista. I did NOT want to transport all my gifts to another house just to wrap them. Besides, I had to search for some gifts, too, from my stock cabinet, hehehe. I'm sure anyone reading this blog will understand that.

And horror of horrors! For the first time in a long time, I resorted to the store-bought To-From cards! Ack!!! Hahahaha. I had absolutely NO time to do anything digital homemade cards. At ALL. So yeah, the horror and shame of it all. Oh well. There's always next year eh?

So what did everyone get for Christmas? Amidst the various food and clothing gifts I got, guess what I got??? No, no women's lingerie of any kind (besides, I'd look horrible in those right now, hehehe) or appliances (thank goodness).....some of the most useful gifts I got were a GC for The Lilypad (whoohooohoooo!!!) from Randy and Stella and.....drumroll please......a brand new macbook pro from Japa!!! Yeah!!!

He did try to surprise me with it, but I guess I know my dear husband too well, as I saw right through him. He asked me if I REALLY knew about the whole thing and I told him that his actions pretty much gave him away. Hehehe. Of course, it was still a pleasant surprise to open the laptop during Christmas eve. Yes, I have some photos but it's too much to wade through right now.

Yes, Christmas is over, but I've got a few things to do still. Scrapping has been the LEAST of them too! Sigh! Gotta make time for that SOON.

No comments: