Thursday, February 07, 2008

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Happy Chinese New Year!

We *were* hoping we'd be celebrating with chinese food at La Vista, but I guess we were all too busy to plan anything, hehehe. That, or we're sick of chinese food after spending almost a week in Macau and Hong Kong! Yeah, that must be it! Otherwise we'd be gorging ourselves right now! :)

Raine did get to celebrate today, as she dressed in a chiongsam for school and had her hair coiffed into a bun. She clutched the piece of paper where she re-wrote Tita Bang's Chinese writing of the numbers 1-10 so she could show teacher. When she came back from school, she kept saying Kung Hei Fat Choi and she-she (thank you) and other Chinese phrases, hehehe.

Japa went to Bulacan to take photos of the Relics and came home with some photos from Oel and Mario burnt to DVDs. All 20 gigs worth! Sheesh! That's going to be a LOT of weeding to do. And he kept telling me, "I only have 7 gigs left on my laptop!". I looked at him and told him simply, "welcome to the club! At least you've got 7 gigs---try running your programs on a mere 2 gigs or left of space left!" Hehehe. No sympathy from here. :)

Rogan packed his things for his trip with Papa. They are going white-water rafting over the weekend in one of the provinces. I hope it's safe! I'd love to go, but all pooped from traveling all over :)

With the exception of Raine, the kids all have either the sniffles or cough. Ugh! It's that time of the season, I guess. Again.

I tried scrapping again but no mojo. Again. This is pissing me off. I have GOT to scrap! I've got tons of photos sitting on my hard drive (AND other DVDs) and I haven't scrapped anything in a few days!!!! Aaaaargh!!! Maybe if I keep venting it'll help my mojo come back quicker? Hehehe.

{HARRY POTTER}

Well, I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Again. (are we loving that word in this post or what! Hehehee) I was able to buy the kids' version while in Hong Kong and so I now have the complete series in both adult and children versions.

The main difference? The kids' version has less of the menacing evil parts, like when Tom Riddle went about collecting his Horcruxes. There were some missing parts in the kids' version, I think.....which makes me want to read the adult version again. :) The explanations for "tying everything together" were a lot clearer in this version, obviously, which makes it a great addition to have. It states the reasons who did what very clearly and succinctly, which the adult version never did.

So yes, I'd probably read the adult version again. I feel that after reading this particular version, a lot more things will be made clearer, and I'll enjoy the whole story much more. As always.

No comments: