Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Sickies Have Spread

Wouldn't you know it. The rounds of diarrhea had started with Raegan a few days ago. Then Raine followed a day after, with Rogan the next. Today, it was Ranger's turn. Although not watery, he had an "accident" while we were in the office for a First Wednesday Mass. He complained of a tummy ache, and slept through everything, including lunch.

He didn't have a fever in the morning, but it soon reared its ugly head a little bit after lunch. Thus precipitating yet another early exit from the office for me today. Sigh! At this rate, it's a wonder if I get anything done!

So we went home. The older kids went to training and I stayed home with my baby :) Fever of 101.8 degrees. After a double dose of Calpol 6 Plus, Ranger was fine and had no sign that he had had a high temperature. After about 5 hours, I gave him his regular dose.......and saw that it wasn't working! Grrrrr!!!! How frustrating is this??? I didn't want to overdose the child, so I was being careful, but his temperature was still 101.5. I guess it'll have to be a round-the-clock-every four-hours kind of night tonight. Just to get rid of the fever.

And the poor child wouldn't eat, he wanted me to be beside him all the time. Ahhhh......boys and their penchance for milking sympathies when they're sick! :) Say a little prayer for the little guy, that his fever breaks sometime during the night please! I hope and pray to God that this will be a one-night thing!

With Ranger's head or feet on my lap, I scrapped this: (do you THINK I could concentrate on work???? LOL!)

SPRING IN THE FLOWER FIELDS

Of, off to tend to my baby......and either scrap some more or update my Project 365 Blog! :)

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

hope you all are feeling better soon!!

karen said...

i love this LO. simple and sweet! hope you all get better soon.