Friday, October 24, 2008

HSM 3

Well of COURSE I took the kids to see High School Musical 3 on opening day, like a good parent would! :) I promised to take them and we did....going to SM Marikina FIRST thing in the morning. I definitely did NOT relish being crowded, and I knew that if we waited for the afternoon or worse, in the evening, there was going to be chaos in the movie theaters all over for HSM3's opening.

So, at 1025 am, we were seated at the lower level of the cinema. All 4 of us. And probably another 4 people on the upper level. That was it. Aaaaaaah! Now THIS was how movies should be seen! Hehehehe. Minimal noise, except the questions Raine kept throwing at me *roll eyes here*, like she couldn't hear everything! Haaaay!

High school seniors Troy and Gabriella are facing the prospect of being separated from one another as they head off in different directions to college. Joined by the rest of the Wildcats, they stage an elaborate spring musical reflecting their experiences, hopes and fears about their future.

It was a pretty good movie, especially for the kids. They loved every minute of it, although in their "wise opinion" the songs could have been better. I told them they were just used to the older songs, but that as they got to hearing the new songs over and over again, that they were going to love it, too. The plot wasn't too shallow, nor was it too deep, but it was good material for any take-off convos that I could have with Raegan concerning her schooling and her future :)

I liked the dance sequences too; love the choreography! Oh, and have to tell the girls to find someone like Troy.....a boy who loves you enough to move heaven and earth to be near you :) Isn't that sweet? hehehe.

After the movie, I rushed the kids out before they dug their heels in at a restaurant for lunch. I had to go to work, you know. I did relent a bit and we stopped outside Rice-in-a-Box to get them Chicken Teriyaki rice, hehehe. At least it appeased them!

No comments: